All reviewsmain buildingfacing the streetnice hotelreception staffthe ground floorlate checkthree nightslocation is greatcentre of townold towncomfortable bedsshort breakmain attractionsbars and restaurantsfew minutes walkcentral locationbreakfast was excellent
Reviewed 11 December 2017

I was a little nervous of staying at this hotel as the reviews were very mixed. I was pleasantly surprised. This is a mid range hotel that offers value for money in an excellent location close to the centre. The rooms we had (classic) were adequate for our needs, comfortable beds, good room service and the breakfast was outstanding. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in Ghent.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
HoteldeFlandre, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel de Flandre, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2017

Dear Jane J,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hotel de Flandre and for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. The Hotel’s amazing location in the heart of Ghent is indeed well placed for leisure being a stone’s throw away from many major sights and fashionable shopping areas.

We hope that you will continue to make many more enjoyable visits to the Hotel de Flandre!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Just enjoyed a long weekend in Gent using this hotel as a base. Clean well appointed rooms, friendly and helpful staff together with being only a short walk from all the major attractions make this a great place to stay. Some renovation work taking place whilst we were there so we had to make a short walk across the street to an annex for breakfast, but really no trouble. The quantity and quality of the breakfast was excellent. Wouldn't hesitate to use this hotel again.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
HoteldeFlandre, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel de Flandre, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Dear AndyMadd28,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Hotel de Flandre again, and for sharing your feedback. I will be sure to share your positive comments with the staff. Your feedback is always appreciated and valuable to us.

We look forward to your upcoming visit, and please do not hesitate to reach out if we can assist with any plans.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Located nearby the center which is good. Hotel would need some renovation and better maintenance. My room has been in the back with a small yard in the center - surrounded by many rooms on 2 levels. Not that quiet as other guests do have conversations in the yard and the windows and walls are quite thin... Breakfast is default for a 4* and without complaints. Service (Reception) was good and quick (check-in, Check-out with special requests for my bill, order a taxi - all great), they might try to compensate. So in essence: for a 2 day business this is working, but not a memorable experience.

Room Tip: mine in the basement at the yard is not recommended
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Dear Michael B

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Hotel de Flandre. I am happy to hear overall you had a great stay and enjoyed the breakfast and our attentive staff. Thank you for providing your feedback regarding the room, we will look into that and appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Hotel de Flandre.

Reviewed 7 October 2017

Well located near the centre, really convenienet. Reception s doing properly his job and is really friendly.
I had room 115 which was on the back of the hotel, stat to be old and need refrechment or new paint. Room was clean and a little bit noisy as you well listen to the people waloking ont the other floor.
Breakfest is perfect with a lot fo choice including eggs and bacon and a lort of different cakes including macarons

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business

Dear Eric V

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Hotel de Flandre. I am happy to hear overall you had a great stay and enjoyed the location of the hotel, and our attentive staff.
I hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Hotel de Flandre!

Reviewed 5 October 2017 via mobile

The hotel has 2 buildings which makes a little bit strange. The second building was in a dark corner. The staff was not helpful. Such strict rules of late check-in. I would not choose it again, though the location is great

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
HoteldeFlandre, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel de Flandre, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

Dear Elona L,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. I am sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations on your recent visit and I would be happy to discuss your stay personally with you, and can be reached at freija@hoteldeflandre.be

Kind regards,