“very nice stay”
Review of Hotel Harmony

Hotel Harmony
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Ghent
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed over the weekend and it's a very nice hotel, centrally located, with friendly and helpful staff. The room was spaciuos with a large bed and jacuzzy bathtub. There were free tapas in the bar every night which was a nice idea.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sabine1005

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Stayed here over the weekend of the Ghent Festival. I have to say what a weekend! Festival rocked, and the location of the hotel was more than convenient. Silent air conditioning, complimentary water and fruit was a nice touch. We stayed in the Junior Suite, most expensive room in the hotel. I would have scored higher however upon entering the Suite....... Dirty glasses from the previous tenants were in the room. Also the decor/bed had parts falling off it. Looked a bit messy. Not what you'd expect at €220/night. Breakfast was a good spread and staff very friendly.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Canal I found had a nicer view
2  Thank James N
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed one night in this hotel and we loved it! Special thanks to a very attentive, helpful and friendly personal! A bottle of champagne to my birthday was a beautiful surprise! The rooms are very spacious and comfortable, great bathtub, very good breakfast - all was perfect! We felt almost like at home. We would gladly recommend this hotel to everybody who is visiting Gent. Natalia Voronova and Walter Bal

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I do a lot of traveling normally for business but wanted this stay for personal trip which included my wife. Great friendly service, ask for the room over looking canal (its worth it), located perfectly nearby the town center as advertised. Heated pool, large rooms. I'd stay there again in a heartbeat! Very happy with most everything.

Room Tip: Ask for the room on the top floor overlooking the canal. Worth it.
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Six of us, travelling in three elderly classic MG cars, stopped at this hotel for two nights. We chose it for the location and because it had secure underground parking. Our room overlooked the central canal and had fantastic views of the beautiful city. All the buildings were illuminated at night, which created a magical vista! We were also lucky (?) enough to be situated directly across the water from the 'classical music DJ', who decided to entertain Ghent at 4am on the Sunday morning with astounding arias and superb music. This quirky event fitted in with the wonderful sights and sounds that we found in what must be one of the most beautiful, busy and truly living cities in the Flanders area. It has all of the charm of Bruge, but with much more hustle and bustle of a truely working place. The boat trip was stuffed full of information and humour and, with over 300 places to eat, everyone could find their favourite food. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear were larger and cooler. Rooms on the top floor could be a little claustrophobic...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hezangel
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stylish hotel located near to all the sights in old Gent. Room was very comfortable, spacious, well lit and tastefully furnished. Parking available around the back - let them know you have a car and they will open the back gate.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I stayed for 9 months at Hotel Harmony for a project I had in Ghent. I experienced a great service and great accommodation
For me (spending on average 220 days a year in hotels) this hotel is on the top of my list.
The hotel is very cosy and -for me -it did NOT feel like arriving at “another hotel” somewhere in the world. The rooms are very nice with some individual touches, staff is super friendly and breakfast is great.
In the 15 years that I travel this is only the second time that I find a hotel as nice as this one, so for me when I am in Ghent, this is the hotel I book without any doubts.
The only small minor thing for me as the lack of a gym at the hotel, but the hotel has an arrangement with a gym in the neighbourhood that you can access

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business