This hotel deserves its high ratings in Trip Advisor for several reasons
1. It is very conveniently located to the train station - a couple of minutes walk- and almost next to the No 1 tram that takes you directly to the centre of the historic town.
2. The hotel rooms have been recently renovated very tastefully and they are very spacious, in fact huge . I stayed in room 401 and my room was really huge. The bathroom size was also adequate and very well furnished.
3. All the amenities offered are top notch and the staff is very careful to replenish them regularly.
4. The breakfast offered by the hotel offered is excellent and has a wide variety on offer. The owners would be prepared to accommodate any reasonable requests. There is a wide variety of fresh fruits as well as cold and cooked meats.
5. What makes this hotel different from many others is the attitude of the owners. They are exceeding helpful and accommodating and they make you very welcome from the first minute you step into the hotel. Their recommendations for what to do in town are excellent!
On approaching the hotel the building looks very unimpressive. The public areas look tired and the elevator ancient. Nothing prepares you for the excellent rooms and the facilities offered inside. I was told that the owners decided to prioritise the upgrading of the rooms before changing the building façade. In my view this was the right decision since the quality of the rooms is what matters most.
I would classify this as a boutique hotel given the umber of rooms and the interior design. I would most certainly return to it next time I am visiting Ghent for business or pleasure.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You will really feel at home in this charming city center located Carlton Hotel Ghent, the ideal spot to recharge your batteries during a trip in search of historical places or an exploration of the Ghent nightlife. This friendly and cosily designed family hotel in Ghent will treat you in the morning to an extensive and varied breakfast and is always ready to advise you on how best to discover our city. The Carlton Hotel Ghent is situated in a residential area of Ghent and is only 100 metres from Ghent St Pieters Station. The central location, the convenient access and the private car park make this family hotel the ideal base for both tourists and businesspeople. Carlton Hotel Ghent offers comfortable and elegantly decorated hotel rooms with television, radio, telephone and minibar. All Carlton Hotel Ghent rooms have an en-suite bathroom with bath. There are various tram connections to the old city centre and the business zones, and there is also now a direct tram connection to Flanders Expo. 3 hotel star Carlton Hotel Ghent is located directly next to the ICC International Convention Centre. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Hotel.de and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Carlton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Carlton Hotel Ghent