I had high expectations when visiting Publiek, as the chef is a Flemish Foodie and the former chef of Volta (which is my personal favorite).
Unfortunately he didn't live up to it.
Some things to improve:
- We were seated next to the bar, behind a couple who were eating at the bar. When I turned my head I was looking at the gentlemans behind.
- We had to wait 20 mins before someone came to our table.
- The cava was not cold.
- The starter, chicken wrapped in cabbage served cold, was not tastful.
- The whine list was presented, but no recommandation was done.
- The hostess talks about her clients to other clients, which isn't very professional.
Some good things:
- The second starter, guacamole with shrimps, was excellent. I would have loved more dishes of that standard.
- The staff was friendly.
- A nice renovation of an old building.
Maybe till next year (or not).
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.