Hotel is really shining and brand new, with an incredible position in the very middle of the city center. Very comfortable on-site parking, free wifi (which is not usual for Marriott), friendly Customer care and all you should expect from a property belonging to this chain.
A couple of comments for out-of-standard things:
- "Korenhuis" restaurant was definitely a surprise for the very high quality of food, service and location. The sole with puree, caviar and crispy onion was a masterpiece, as well as the Dame Blanche, with a high quality and soft ice cream over a decadent layer of crusty chocolate biscuits. Congratulations.
- breakfast was plentiful but the salty side should be improved in quality.
- room cleaniness was not impeccable: I found a woman collant under the bed (but I have to say the color was absolutely the same of the floor, and it was almost impossible to see it with a quick look) and there was an ink line on my bed sheets. This was black so clearly visible. This should not happen, in my opinion.
All in all, I would come back hoping that the road works in the surroundings are completed soon, as it was quite tricky to find an alternate way to reach the hotel when I found one of the city bridges closed for maintenance (but this is really not hotel fault).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ghent Marriott Hotel sits on the Korenlei, in the historic centre of Ghent. We opened our doors March 20, 2007. Guests staying with us enjoy comfortable guest rooms and suites. There are nine meeting rooms, Poppi Coffee & Wine Bar, and Brixx Cellar Lounge at our property along with Ghent Marriott Hotel restaurant with terrace and view over the river Lys and the historical facades of the Graslei. There is free WiFi. Guests can park in the parking garage under the hotel. Ghent Marriott Hotel has long been considered at the top level of European hospitality and was rewarded in 2013 by Trip Advisor as the best hotel in Belgium. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ghent Marriott Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Ghent
- Ghent Marriott