“So attentive, fantastic night”
Review of marco polo

marco polo
Ranked #191 of 958 Restaurants in Ghent
Price range: US$22 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 March 2014

After having made a booking, we arrived only to be seated at the table near the kitchen. I wasn't super happy but didn't make any comment, not wanting to spoil the night for my husband! After our drinks were served a table became available at the front of the restaurant. The waiter asked if we'd like to be moved to that new table. I was SO appreciative of the thoughtfulness of this gesture. I would have managed at our current table but it was just an extra level of thoughtfulness from the owner. After a delicious and generous entree of Bruschetta and a traditional italian pizza each, we finished our meal with ice cream and Tiramisu. With a half bottle of wine and a beer, the bill came to E59 which I thought was reasonable. We were also offered a complimentary tea and coffee which added to my high praise and experience of this restaurant. After spending 3 hours talking, drinking and eating (it is a 'slow food' restaurant), we can say we had a fantastic night at Marco Polo!

Reviewed 22 February 2014

Friendly helpful service. I had a lovely pizza, very tasty, yummy bruschetta. I was with a group of friends and we all enjoyed our dinner. The waiters were particularly helpful and friendly. The decor was warm and relaxed, very pleasant. Would recommend this.

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I never had a bad experience at marco polo. The italian kitchen is great and proves that there's something more to theitalian cuisine than just a pizza. Although their pizzas are great ;-)

Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Great Italian dishes, just a very simple menu with limited choices, however executed in perfection. Nice atmosphere (not Italian more world influences), good value for money, Premium location however just around the corner.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Original sicilian kitchen.Always fresh food from the market. Good housewines. Friendly and correct service. I've been there (and still going) a lot of times and so far never disappointed.