“good price/quality”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2013

fair Italian food for a good price. No winelist but we had "the wine of the month": very good (26 euro)

Reviewed 8 April 2013

The Il Folletto is a very typical Italian restaurant, with all the usual pizza and pasta choices and even a lot more. I like to go there as it is just opposite the Marriott hotel, and continuously offers good quality food with friendly and fast service. Sometimes it is hard to find a table before 8pm, even on weekdays. So if you prefer to dine earlier, reservation is a must.

1  Thank just_travelling_99
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Whilst it is only pizza and pasta, the food was really good. The staff were friendly and worked hard in a busy restaurant. Make a reservation at weekends, we got turned away on our 2nd night as it was fully booked.

Reviewed 11 February 2013

Having read reviews I made a special visit here and it was well worth it! Lovely food, huge portions. Struggled with the menu until they gave us an english version!!

Reviewed 5 January 2013

We arrived at exactly 7pm, the time I had made a reservation. The waiter however told us that other people were seated at our table and we had to wait by the counter in the back until they were finished. He apologised but that didn't really make up for it. We had to wait around 45 minutes until our reserved table freed up. During that time we were not even asked if we wanted something to drink; I had to order drinks myself. They even charged us for those. The overworked waiters were constantly buzzing about and were hard to get a hold of. One of them stepped on my foot and didn't even take the time to say sorry.

Finally we were seated at our proper table. Took another 15 minutes for them to bring us bread. There were, however, no plates, and no olive oil. And we had to make do with cheap paper towels. Paper towels.... seriously?

My starter of choice was a toast with tomato and mozzarella (bruschetta). It was completely soaked in olive oil, to the point where it became more sponge than bread. It was also almost cold. As an ironic touch, the olive oil meant for the bread was placed on our table shortly after serving the oily toast. My wife had a carpacchio that was equally soaked in oil.

The main course, an entrecote with mushrooms, is the only reason I am giving this place 2 stars instead of 1. It was delicious and fresh, and momentarily made me forget about the horrible beginning of the night. The red housewine was good. We were also given a small liquor on the house as compensation for our waiting time. Price was 123 euros for 4 people, so quite affordable. However, this can't make up for their earlier transgressions.

5  Thank Vincent V