“Great Meal, Easy and brilliant nice service”
Review of Twilight

Twilight
Ranked #96 of 891 Restaurants in Ghent
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Belgian, Italian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I wanted to go to Du Pont (good steak restaurant I've visited before) but it was closed for a few weeks. I was dissappointed about this has had been looking forward to this all day, so rather unenthusatically we went for this restuarant as it was nearby.........and wow, I would say this was as good if not better than Du Pont.

Would really recommend going - doesn't necessarily have to be a big occasion or anything but if you're visiting Ghent and want somewhere nice, that does decent food at a decent price - would definitely recommend.

Steaks were amazing. Deserts all freshly made and even the soup you could tell was fresh. Good wine list too. The young chap that served us was very friendly.

Menus availabel in English. Will def be back

There are newer reviews for Twilight

Reviewed 17 February 2013

Our party of 4 gents opted in here for the Ten Euro lunch offer of homemade supper followed by Steak frites. It was incredible! The soup was delicious and served with freshly cooked bread.

The steak was cooked to perfection, served with a roquefort sauce, salad and a massive bowl of tasty belgian fries. IN five days in Europe this was easily the best meal we ate.

I agree with other commentors that the seating layout is unhelpful and the massive staircase in the middle of the restaurant is a little unsightly but once I started mouthing down that steak I could not have cared less! If I ever happen upon Ghent again, I would definitely re-visit the Twilight Eethaus.

Reviewed 20 December 2012

The setting is good and the service is friendly. the seating could be better however. The stairs are in the middel of the resaurant. In my opinion this is less attractive. I had a nice salad. Good taste and looked nice as well!

Reviewed 27 November 2012

We visited the Gent six day cycle race with friends (two couples) for an extended weekend and happened upon this restaurant on the first evening. The gentlemen in the party both had the steak and frites which we cooked as requested and thoroughly enjoyed by both. I had the Veal Escalope which was amazing (and I have had a few). The final member of our party was a vegetarian and she had the vegetable pasta which was filled with a variety of different seasonal vegetables. Because we enjoyed the meal so much, we returned two nights later and order the same again. The meal was just as good and the vegetable pasta had entirely different vegetables in it too. I would highly recommend. English menu's were provided for us.

Reviewed 20 May 2012

The food is not that good and I suppose I started feeling sick when I saw more than 20 fingerprints around my dish. There's not enough place between the tables and quite expensive for what you actually get. I wouldn't recommend it.