“Simply fantastic”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
“Simply fantastic”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

One of the best meals I ever had in a restaurant. I began with the soup of the day (simple, I know) and it was your best average soup. The best came afterwards. I had the Tournedos à la James Bond, 'sanguinant', which is medium-rare. If you can, and like, your beef 'mooing' on the plate, ask so. The meat is quite nice. For dessert I had the Belgian 'mousse', which is something similar to a Petit Gateau, and also pretty fantastic. The chocolate was on the spot!

To accompany this, I had a Tripel Karmeliet. Good beer, not bitter at all, but with something around 8% of alcohol. Either way, you should have this or the Orval.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
“Great seasonal Belgian food”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Went here on a weekend visit to Ghent. Booking late afternoon on a Saturday for the evening meant that we were sat upstairs but the atmosphere picked up as the evening went on. The hare of the seasonal menu was amazing! The pheasant was slightly on the dry side. Our waiter Joigen was really knowledgable on the beers too. I'd highly recommend this place for some local fare just try to book in advance to get a nice table downstairs where they have a fireplace and wider open space.

Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
“Fantastic food with excellent service”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

We had s imple dinner here (tournedos) but enjoyed it immensly. The quality of the food is much higher than the price, and the staff really enjoyed helping us. when my boyfriend mentioned he collect wine corks, the waiter not only gave him our cork, but also the ones he opened at other tables while were there.

Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
“Excellent food with fantastic service”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

A group of us came here on Saturday. The food was superb - I had the t-bone steak which was massive. The service was exceptional. The waiters did a brilliant job as we were a large table and next time I am in Ghent I will definitely come again!

London, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

Spent a very enjoyable evening here.
Have been to Ghent many times, this was the best meal by far.
Great service, quality food and very reasonably priced.
The house red is very nice and only 16€ a bottle.
Highly recommended.