“What a lovely evening x”
Review of Il Cortile

Il Cortile
Ranked #414 of 925 Restaurants in Ghent
Price range: US$15 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 December 2012

Fantastic food, brilliant atmosphere......would definitively recommend to anybody going. Situated next to the canal so it has lovely views that would be enjoyed during the summer months. the people were a mixture of couples and friends.

Reviewed 3 October 2012

We had only just opened the door at prime lunch time, to be met by a miserable and very curt lady informing us that they were full and even though it was only 1pm and a table was finishing desert, she wasn't going to serve any more tables, having told her we were happy to wait. We would have considered going back in the evening as the place looked lovely, but her attitude really put us off - there are lots of lovely restaurants to choose from in this usually very friendly city!

5  Thank Adam S
Reviewed 28 August 2012

My girlfriend and I needed a break from seafood cooked in butter and butter, with butter. So we opted one night for this cosy little Sicilian. The place was full - a good sign, and service was brisk. Despite the chaos we were greeted with a smile and the service was pleasant. The food was very fresh, simple, not too many choices, and all good quality. Nice house wine, and fine quality pasta. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

Italian cooking being my favorite one, I perfectly know that I can't expect the same quality and taste as in Italy (where cheap and average restaurants already equal expensive and sophisticated Italian restaurants in Belgium). Having said that and knowing perfectly that I can't expect such high standards, this was one of the worst pizza I ever had in my entire life!! (either in Italy, Belgium, America or wherever).

You think I'm exaggerating and you want to check by yourself? Well if you have some time and money to lose and if nothing pleases you as much as an expensive (for such bad food, every price is too high btw) and tasteless meal served by unfriendly people, Il Cortile might well be your happy place ;)

3  Thank Thyl9000
Reviewed 7 August 2012 via mobile

Possible one of the worst restaurants I have been to, certainly as regards service- do I need to go on?
Ghent is full of splendid places to eat - don't waste your money and time here.

4  Thank Owls17