“An upper class Ibis hotel”

Ibis Sint Niklaas Centrum
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Sint-Niklaas
GreenLeadersBronze level
London
“An upper class Ibis hotel”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

I usually try to get hotels with higher standards than Ibis, but I must say that, knowing this is the Ibis chain, this hotel did provide more than I'd expected from it. High end IBIS I'd write. Staff was very nice, room was quite good (but with the usual limitations of the category), provided Internet access (included in price) worked well. Overall a positive experience.

Only negative was heating issues, but not catastrophic to me, so I only reporting it when leaving.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank voyageur_Londres
Debbie d, General Manager at Ibis Sint Niklaas Centrum, responded to this review, 26 February 2013
Dear,

Thank you for your positive review. We certainly appreciate your comments about your recent stay on tripadvisor as well as on our own guest survey program.

Hopefully you we can welcome you again in our hotel.

Kind regards,

Debbie de Clerck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
  • Polish first
Braunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2012

stayed here whilst teaching in Belgium, very very handy , just across from the main square and shops, 5 min walk from the railway station great"pod style bathroom" and brilliant breakfast, definitely recommend and stay again :-))))

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2012

To celebrate my wifes birthday we booked a weekend break to Belgium visiting Antwerp, Ghent and Bruges, but based in the unknown (to me!) town of St.Nicklass. Our accommodation was in the Ibis hotel in the town square. I have always been under the impression that this hotel chain was at the "budget" end of the market and therefore "fitted out" like an MFI showroom! ..how wrong can you be? it was very modern and the decor throughout ..especially the reception area vibrant and welcoming.
We were late arriving, but the welcome from the young and courteous staff on duty... (confronted by a coachload of weary and irritable guests) was both efficiant and genuine,.. and rooms allocated quickly was a bonus and and a credit to them! ..Our room far from being cheap and cheerful, was very comfortable with a very large and VERY comfortable bed ..my wife was going to call the Police to search for me.. at only 5ft 2" ...I GOT LOST IN IT!!! Bathroom was spotless also and the shower the best I have ever used, I used it so often I shrank 3 inches!! ...which led to the problem of using the loo (which was set a little high I thought for someone of less stature) my wife remarked ..that I looked like Humpty-Dumpty with my legs dangling!!!
Breakfast was a bit hectic but contained a good selection of choices (as cooking facilties are limited in these hotels) and unlimited visits to "top up" a bonus...although by its very nature the "help yourself" buffet did expose the usual "eat all they can to get value for money brigade"!!!
Great Belgian beers on draught and limited (but tasty) snacks available in the bar 24 hours ..and young but efficiant and helpful staff, diplomaticaly dealing with absurd and often ridiculous demands by guests (I felt their frustrations!!).... all this added up to a great weekend break. Set in a lovely quiet town.. the hotel situated 50 metres from the beautiful town square and town hall, the magnificent cathederal and all the cafes.bars and shops around it.
I recommend a visit here, all the major cities and towns are within an hour-ish drive ..do the sightseeing and return to this lovely hotel for a "Leffe" to unwind!! ..thank you to all the staff who looked after us x

Room Tip: a side room if available
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank paul m
Canterbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 September 2012

I actually stayed two nights here, one with my son accompanying him to Germany and on the return, on my own. It's a good hotel, nicely set in a small town, service is friendly and the rooms are fine. I have three negative comments:
- why does Ibis persist with supplying cheap and nasty liquid soap in the bathrooms? I want a small bar of soap, not some oily slime that wont wash off!
- breakfast here is efficient from a service perspective but poor quality in terms of food; I expected better.
- housekeeping leave the windows open during the day resulting in the rooms being "infested" with mosquitos; eight 'bites' on the first night (and three for my son although I killed five of the things) and even though I scoured the room before going to sleep, three 'bites' on the second night. Not a memory Ibis should want people to have and easily avoidable.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Patrick V, Directeur général at Ibis Sint Niklaas Centrum, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Dear guest,
First of all we are happy that you had a nice stay
We thank you for your constructive remarks , this helps us to improve our quality.
Regards,

Patrick Van Ex- Manager
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2012

All the staff were very friendly and helpful, and speak good English which is always a nice bonus. The hotel is very clean and modern, with a pleasant air conditioned lobby and bar area, with the drinks not much more expensive than most other places on the square. You can also sit out in the enclosed courtyard area, which is a natural sun trap and ideal for a late morning coffee. The rooms were spotless, the beds comfy, and the TV had channels in most of the euro languages, including BBC1 and Ch4 in English. Parking is straighforward, and only a short walk away, with a max charge of 6 euros to validate ticket at hotel lobby to exit (NCP style barrier exit - pay at car park if less than 6 hours it's cheaper they advised us). You are right on the doorstep of all the bars and restaurants, so convenient for a short break. 30 mins drive to the dutch coast, and within easy reach of Antwerp, Gent, Eindhoven, etc. There's a supermarket out door turn right, walk all the way to traffic lights and turn right. We'll definately be back.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sint-Niklaas
Van der Valk Hotel Beveren
Biznis Hotel - Brouwershof
Ibis Antwerpen Centrum
Ibis Antwerpen Centrum
#16 of 72 in Antwerp

Been to Ibis Sint Niklaas Centrum? Share your experiences!