“Fell in love with this place pretty quickly”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Trecombe Lakes

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 68 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Fadi S
“Fell in love with this place pretty quickly”
Reviewed 19 March 2017 for a stay in June 2016

We visited last year after spotting it online, and liked the look of it. When we arrived, we were blown away by how beautiful the place is. Perfect landscape, and the pods had everything you needed for a long weekend break (better equipped than some hotels I've been to!). The surrounding area had a kids play area, communal house with TV and kids dvd's, and two lakes to go boat paddling around on. Had two young children with us, who had the time of their lives, and my son keeps asking us when we're going back to the 'teletubby house'. Hopefully we'll be making a return this year, if its available! Book in advance, this place is clearly popular.

Its only 10mins from Falmouth, which in itself is the most wonderful town.

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
22 Mar 2017
Hello Fadi,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review it makes all the effort worthwhile, we look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Selina and Jason
Jletts
“Very cosy!”
Reviewed 6 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017

The pods are great they are so cosy with everything you need. The water is hot in the showers, all the cooking utensils you need. It's a lovely place to come to escape the pace of every day life and work. It is a little further from Falmouth than I thought along narrow country roads but a taxi into the town costs about £16-£20.
Overall our first glamping experience was a winner.

6 Mar 2017
Hello Jess, really glad you enjoyed your first glamping experience, thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you in the future.
Regards
Selina and Jason
ZBarnard
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 18 February 2017 for a stay in February 2017

It was our first visit and experience in such pods. I have to say it was perfect for what we needed. There was four of us, two adults and two children aged 9 and 10.

The beds were comfortable, kitchen space adequate. Very clean toilet and bathroom. It was warm in the pod thanks to the heaters. The lightning inside once it was dark was very good.

We spent most of our time out and about, so just needed somewhere to sleep, shower, have breakfast and keep our luggage.

You can of course cook other meals and have the option of having bbqs. The area felt safe. The lake nearby was beautiful and tranquil. And the kids enjoyed the play area.

There was Shae, the caretaker around most of the time we were there, to help with anything we might have needed.

Phone reception is not good, but wi-fi is available and I could WhatsApp the owners (which I did) if I had any queries.

It was a nice comfortable experience for us. Will definitely be returning there! :)

20 Feb 2017
Thank you Zakia for your kind review it really brings a smile to our faces when people have enjoyed their stay. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future, Regards Selina and Jason
Escape521...
“Christmas shananagans”
Reviewed 5 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

We arrived Christmas Eve x so surprised by the size of the Eco pods once inside x everything was thought of , they were warm and cosy , the communial room was festive and warm with a TV if required x we visited Falmouth and around which was lovely spending New Years there then back in our little hobbit world which was so incredibly memorable x highly recommended x thank you ....

6 Jan 2017
Thank you for your lovely review and really glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, Regards Selina and Jason
Neil G
“Honeymooning”
Reviewed 11 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

We spent a few days honeymooning here in early November. The place is fantastic, really comfortable pods and a lovely site. Despite the cold weather, the pods were lovely and warm and we were even able to enjoy a camp fire, wood and firelighters available to buy on site. Loved the site, beautiful lakes (with rowing boats) and some surprise rope swings dotted about, plus a great adventure park for the kids. We'll be returning without doubt! Cheers guys!

14 Nov 2016
Thank you for your wonderful comments and also for staying with us during such a special time for you both. Thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you in the future, Regards Selina and Jason
Reviewed 10 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

14 Nov 2016
Aewatts
Cornwall, United Kingdom
“A great mini holiday”
Reviewed 26 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

My daughter and I spent 4 nights at Trecombe Lakes. We are from North Cornwall so this was very much a "staycation" for us to see some of South Cornwall we hadn't yet visited.
The place on first impression was lovely.. it does look like teletubby land with the perfectly green grass and pod buildings dotted over. There are only 6 pods which surprised me. I think I thought it would be a larger site. This made it perfect to let my daughter loose really, she could pop over to the lodge house for a game, she could be left outside the pod without me being at all concerned. The only thing I wasn't really prepared for or thought about was that you don't park your car right next to your accommodation, like you would camping or staying in lodge style accommodation, so, being on my own with a small child meant quite a few trips to the car parking area and back again as I brought supplies for the stay etc. I think I may have packed the car differently if I'd had known I would be carrying stuff.
We had two fires in our fire pit while we were there. You can get logs, kindling and firelighters on site.
There is a small oven and hob in the pod and microwave in the lodge house.
The pod was perfect for us. We both slept in the double bed and used the twin bed area as our living space really. There is a table between the beds you can pull out and use the beds as seats.. I'm not sure how I would have felt for a week with four people though, having nowhere inside to play games etc. If the weather wasn't great. As I say for two of us it was perfect, very well equipped.
The area down by The lake is pretty, an untouched feel with a few surprise rope swings dotted around. The play area was different to most, not much for smaller kids though, some steep climbs and high activities, there is a baby swing but not much for the under 5s. My daughter is a very cautious 7 yr old and she found it entertaining for half an hour or so. Nice to have it there.
My top tip for staying is.. don't do what I did and happily sit out by your fire or on the decking while it gets dark and forget you've left the pod lights on and the door wide open... as you'll find a myriad of winged beasts in there to greet you when you turn in for the night and then have to spend 45 minutes trying to calm a child while jumping around catching gigantic crane flies/moths before you can retire to your bed!
Would definitely return and recommend.

26 Sep 2016
Hello Alice, thank you for your kind review and thank you for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you both back soon , Regards Selina and Jason
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing