“surprising experience”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Bertem, Belgium
“surprising experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

On a hot summer evening we have the possibility to eat outside but on 1 meter of passing public transport busses or inside which was very quite. The card is a mix of italian, mostly pasta, dishes and asian food. Huge choice, we went for a wok dish which we were asked for the grade of allowed spicyness. Service is fast, food is excellent, but not so spicy as expected. They ask how your meat is to be cooked but I can not imagine that in a wok 'saignant' cuisson is possible. Nevertheless a recommendable place.

• Visited June 2014

Leuven, Belgium
“I'll go back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2013

From the start I was very optimistic about this restaurant. The reviews I read were good and when we came in the staff was very friendly. The menu has a wide variety of meals that sound delicious. There were five of us and we ordered 4 different meals (two of us had the same thing) and all five of us were happy with what we got. The portions are good, taste is great! Price-quality is just right and again, I can't stress this enough: such friendly staff! We had a great time and we're definitely coming back!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Lieke M
belgium
“Not convincing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

Last time I visited this restaurant, it still had a different name, and after reading the reviews on this site, I thought I would give it a try again.
We went here with friends, and none of us had a really bad meal, but we were all somewhat disappointed.
I think we should have chosen the Asian dishes - the cooks are Asian - because the Italian dishes may sound Italian but really aren't. The fact that all the names are wrongly spelled, should have ringed a bell.....
I had orecchiette alle vongole, a typical dish of Puglia, but it didn't resemble an Italian or Apulian dish at all, it was more like a Vietnamese soup with some vongole and pasta.
If this is is supposed to be fusion, then I sure don't like it.....
As a desert I had the homemade tiramisu, which was expensive and far from exceptional.
But the worst had yet to come: on the bill, the portion of bread we had asked, was charged extra....;and we hadn't received anything while waiting either.
In short: don't think this is a restaurant with Asian and Italian dishes on one menu, offering the best of two worlds......only go here if you like Asian cuisine, although I'm not sure it is authentic Asian either.........
I won't be back !

• Visited November 2013
Sint-Joris-Winge, Belgium
“Great Italian - Asian fusion !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I've been many times at Muy Sapore. Each time they suprise me with the great food they serve.
The staff is always very friendly. The restaurant is located at the old part of Leuven, so perfect to walk through this old city and enjoy good food. Enjoy your dinner at Muy Sapore !

• Visited January 2013
“A true gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2013

I was finding it tough to choose a place for dinner when I came across this wonderful restaurant and was drawn in by its atmosphere that many other restaurants in Leuven seem to lack. The food was delicious and authentic. Plus, nothing was too much trouble for the staff (who I believe were the owners). A real contrast to the couldn't care less attitude of staff at other places I've eaten in the city. Reasonable prices too. Pick here for dinner!

• Visited March 2013