“The best Italian restaurant in Leuven and far beyond!”
Review of Piaceri d'Italia - CLOSED

Piaceri d'Italia
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best Italian restaurant in Leuven and far beyond!”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

From the first time I went there (on the first day it opened) Piaceri d'Italia has skyrocketed up to the top of my to-go restaurantlist. The food is absolutely delicious (thanks to the brilliance of the head chef Andrea) and the prices are low. The waiting staff are friendly and accomodating.
I'm not one to give such praise easily (as an Italian I am very critical when it comes to Italian restaurants), but it is deserved. Apart from my grandmothers cooking I have seldom eaten anything as delicious and satisfying as the food that Andrea prepares! I recommend it to everyone I meet and so do my friends and my family. And if you try it, so will you. If you want delicious and authentic Italian cooking in generous portions for a low price GO THERE!

• Visited July 2011
1 Thank ValeriaMassaro

Leuven, Belgium
“geeee. how could yoiu be so arrogant”
Reviewed 11 June 2011

mu goodness, we loved the place and visited it for so may times, what a cold shower being exposed to 1 hr 50 min waiting times under pretext of "we served your bruscetta's already". I thinks the running crew have lost the elementary respect for the basics. patiently watched all the tables of the establishment get their meal served nut you will agree 1 рк 50 min would push your nerve over the limit. What an irresponsible dump! Kids were starving and so were we

• Visited June 2011
5 Thank Artemy
Leuven, Belgium
“Best italian resto in Leuven”
Reviewed 9 May 2011

Great food, and excellent service, been there many times, and love it

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank Artemy
Hasselt, Belgium
“Why the mixed reviews ...”
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Okay, why do some people give it the maximum and others think it's terrible. I think it's rather simple. It is NOT the cosiest or coolest place in Leuven. Nor does it have the most innovative interior. And service depends very much on the season (summer being more busy so more stressful) but all in all I think the service is quite okay. This is not a Michelin ** restaurant ... However, the food IS good, really good and the price for all of it is very reasonable. Probably some people cannot see through the facade of the occasional disorganization. Fact of the matter is that if you like good food, this is definitely a good Italian in Leuven.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly and really good food”
Reviewed 27 July 2010

We've been in the restaurant multiple times, and we've alway's had a very good meal. The owner is a real Italian and it shows.

1 Thank Azumi_Triple