“Great experience in Leuven”
Review of YENN b&b

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Leuven
YENN b&b
Ranked #1 of 22 Leuven B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 4 April 2013

We stayed at Yenn during my husband's teaching time in Leuven this Spring. The Birgen apartment we rented was clean, charming and cozy. The walk up to the highest floor can be tricky but the hosts helped us out with our luggage and were very accommodating to our needs and requests. The bedroom is up another floor and the roof is slanted. It made for a careful climb and descent, but the privacy of the upper room is very nice. The bed was very comfortable and our room was cleaned regularly. There was a great outlook towards the outside of Leuven, the moon and the sunrise in the morning through the skylights. There was a cozy couch, a nice TV and a wonderfully efficient bathroom with a towel warmer. The weather was cold and miserable, but the room was always warm and the heated towels were a real treat. The kitchenette was well enough equipped for breakfast at our big table and Nadine offered to bring up some fancy wine glasses so we could have our tasty wine and cheese there at night. We were offered a complimentary breakfast one day and it was absolutely delicious. With Belgian beers in the fridge and lots of reading material about Leuven, we felt welcome and well informed by these hosts who made our stay easy and comfortable. Thanks! We hope to be back there in the Fall. L&L

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
YENNLeuven, Owner at YENN b&b, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2013

Dear Lieve and Luc,
It was a joy to have you around during your past stay here at YENN b&b.
Thank you for your kind appreciation of our house, our services, our accommodation.
This review reads like a nice extra for all the work we put into it.
Looking forward to meeting you again in the Autumn, your booking is confirmed !
Let's "kling" to that with another nice glass of good wine ;0))

&
Joris De Roy

There are newer reviews for YENN b&b

Reviewed 27 December 2012

Our expectation was high after reading the reviews and viewing the website and pictures. Unfortunately the b&b didn't meet this expectation. The room (Eline), described as the best of the whole b&b, was messy and the finishing was not good. The bathroom is situated in a separate unit. It felt like we stayed in a room for students. The b&b is situated at a very busy road (see google maps), therefore a lot of traffic noise in the room, and the distance to the city hart is relatively far. To conclude: no value for money, we definitely not recommend this b&b.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
NadineYENN, Owner at YENN b&b, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Dear Jolanda D,

I thank you for your review, though I would have preferred to discuss this in private. I'm still very much surprised about this situation and I still do not understand what went wrong with either the information given before and during your arrival and check in here at YENN b&b and the use you made of the room. I sent you a private e-mail to the e-mail address you used for making this reservation to address this issue and to try to understand what went wrong here.

Reviewed 15 December 2012

First the good: The owners are very friendly, helpful and gregarious. The place is convenient to the train station and the newer offices around the Ring Road. Not far from the University, but not that close. Breakfast is made to order and they are accommodating to vegetarians. The owners have other things going on, so you sometimes have to figure out things on your own. They've done a good job of remodeling but the place also has maintenance issues. I was on the top floor of a walk-up, and that had a loft bed with a low ceiling. I'm 182cm tall and bumped my head every time I went up and down the stairs. An active construction site nearby woke me up at 5 am when a spotlight went on for the early shift. The second night I pulled down the shade and overslept.

As one would expect from a B&B, the service is very personal but also fit around the owners' schedules. When the owners are around, they are so eager to please that the service is almost intrusive, When they are not around, of course they are not around. Not a big deal, but it sort of averages out.

Room Tip: If you are tall, don't get a room with a loft that has a low ceiling.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
NadineYENN, Owner at YENN b&b, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Dear Sir,

I thank you for your kind review of YENN b&b in Leuven.
I'm having some maintenance works planned and I hope, with a future booking here at YENN, that I can assign you one of our heigh ceilinged rooms on a lower floor.
For all future visitors, please feel free to ask more details about the lay out and the shape of the rooms and if availabilities allow, we are happy discuss possibliities. Please also check with us about the progress of construction site at the back side of the house, we will be very happy to assign you a room on the front side.
Looking forward to hearing from you again on a future occasion.
Kind regards,

YENN b&b
Leuven

Reviewed 13 December 2012

I regularly travel to Leuven for Business and my first choice is always Yenn B&B. Nadine and Yoris are wonderful hosts and the place itself is superb. It is only a short walk from the train station and it is also an easy walk to the main town square. The beds and bathrooms are always great and the breakfast is second to none. Each time I stay I gorge myself on the high quality breakfast items that Nadine provides, I especially enjoy the rice pudding.

A great place to stay for anyone from business travelers, visiting academics, couples tourists or even families.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for this !
I'll try to offer you the rice pudding with all your future bookings here at YENN.
For other visitors, talk to us about your favourites for breakfast and we'll do our best to please.
I know of returning visitors when they prefer sweet to savoury or bacon & scrambled eggs to the croissants or home made banana or chocolat cake.
We also try to offer as much as possible organic or local produce at breakfast, our way to limit our ecological footprint. Also our cleaning products are eco-certified ! For people who care, you know.
Looking forward to hearing more from you in the future.
Kind regards,

YENN
Leuven

Reviewed 14 September 2012

I spent last night at this superb B&B. Hosts Nadine and Joris were gracious and attentive. The room was quiet, large, comfortable and had an enormous brand new shower in it. Breakfast was a great selection of cheese, cereals, cold meats, fresh juice, yoghurt etc. This is my third stay and the experience was as good as ever. perfect for business (this trip) and also for our large family (previous trips). The two minute walk from Leuven station makes it very convenient for public transport with good parking overnight available as well.

Room Tip: rooms are all different so match your need to the offerings
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
NadineYENN, Owner at YENN b&b, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2015

Dear Visitor,

I'm catching up with some older reviews and I would like to thank you for this ... even though it's been some time since you posted it.
I hope you and the whole family are all right and I wish you all a very nice start in the new Year.
Looking forward to meeting you again - here or there or anywhere your and our travels take us.
Take care ;0))

Reviewed 24 August 2012

Yenn is an excellent b&b ideally situated for the city centre. What makes Yenn special however are the hosts Nadine and Yoris who are passionate and knowledgable about their home and Leuven, nothing being too much trouble. Beautiful room, well equipped and a lovely shower room. Really nice breakfast with locally produced produce. Loved the different cheeses!!! Parking was also easy due to the relationship that they have with a local bank.

Unfortunately we stayed on the hottest night, certainly of the year so far and probably this century!!! But still enjoyed Yenn and Leuven. Great restaurants and bars all set in a beautiful city with many wonderful buildings and sights. Leuven is well worth a visit and we can heartily recommend Yenn b&b.

Room Tip: Make sure you visit the Flemish Beguinages which are special.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear visitors,
I'm catching up with some older reviews and I would like you to know that I'm very grateful for your post here. You mentioned the room, the breakfast, the free parking available close by, and the hottest day in the year ;0))
Yes, that might be a challenge sometimes ... as we do not offer airco in the rooms :0((
We do have a nice fan available and we installed sun blocking window shades last summer to keep the rooms cool. This works well.
Looking forward to seeing you again here in the future or where ever your and our travel might bring us.

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Owners Nadine and Yoris make this place different from many places i've stayed in. Living in the premises themselves, the shelves are lined with all kinds of books in different languages, the kitchen is an organized clutter that's properly lived in and a delight to see, and the rooms are so comfortable i'm left asking for nothing. Love the bathroom. Proper rain shower with high pressure and heating. Hairdryer. Wifi. Desk to work (if need be). Sofa. Awesome stay! <3

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Awesome visitors you both were ;0))
thank you for that.
I still see some visits to our website from the blogpost you wrote about the festival, about Leuven and about YENN b&b.
When will we meet again ?
Best ;0))