“Great location! Expensive breakfast.”

Park Inn by Radisson Leuven
Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Leuven
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

You find this hotel only two minutes walking distance from the train station. The hotel is modern and up to date. The bathroom is actually quite big and you have a separate toilet. Breakfast was not included in my price, and if you want it, it costs €16 p.p!

Stayed: July 2014
Tineke73, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Leuven, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Kent H,

thank you very much for sharing your experience in our hotel with other users of Tripadvisor.
I'm pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay! I hope to welcome you in the near future again!

With kind regards, Tineke de Wit

Write a ReviewReviews (1,231)

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Six of us used the hotel as a base during a short motoring tour in June.

I think the hotel is geared first and foremost to the business traveller but most visitors will be comfortable here for a few days. The property is very well maintained with fresh decoration (actually it looks new!) and bright open plan public space on the ground floor. Within this area the reception desk morph's into a bar with a limited range of beers, spirits and snacks on offer. Front desk staff are helpful and efficient (as were dining room staff). Rooms are served by two lifts.

Our room, a double on the 7th floor, was scrupulously clean and well serviced during the stay. The usual facilities were provided including a nice walk-in shower, toiletries, hair dryer, safe and mini-bar. Also very welcome a complimentary refreshment tray. The bed was of a good size, comfortable and furnished with crisp white linen. The pillows, while soft, were a little small and flat but others are available from reception. We were not blighted by noise from within or outside the hotel.

I have two criticisms. The air conditioning seemed incapable of delivering a cool climate without a somewhat noisy fan operating. There was also a complete absence of drawer space in the room which I thought slightly strange and one reason why I feel that the business traveller is the target market for Park Inn (storage is provided by hanging rail, worktop and bedside shelf).

Parking at the hotel is provided in the adjacent underground car park attached to Leuven rail station. This is barrier controlled, monitored by CCTV and costs around 18 euro daily (payable in the car park).

The hotel serves an excellent full range breakfast with hot & cold selections, cereals, pastries and so on. I'm unable to comment on other service having taken the opportunity to eat out. There is a fitness suite to work it off if you feel like it (I didn't so can't comment further!).

Location of Park Inn is excellent being, as stated, adjacent to the train station. Brussels is a short 30 minute hop with a concessionary fare of around 7 euro return. Opposite the station is a square with a number of bars and restaurants while a 10/15 minute walk further on will see you in the centre of Leuven with an abundance of shops, cafes, bars and eateries. The beautifully restored medieval architecture is a must.

I'd not hesitate to stay at Park Inn again which offers, in my judgement, a good 3 star plus standard of hospitality.

Dear Rogeradl,

Thank you very much! I feel very pleased that you took so much time to write such a detailed report about your experiences in our hotel. I'm very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us! Will you come by motor bike again, next time you will visit us?

Reviewed 5 July 2014

A classy hotel with very friendly staff. My locker wasn't working at first, but they sent someone to my room and it was resolved in no time! The best part is how close it is to the Leuven central station; it's right around the corner! The only downside of my stay was how expensive the hotel was (€210 for one night!). Then again, it was during Rock Werchter, so it was a busy time... I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a comfortable stay close to the station if you have enough money to spare.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels
Heidi J, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Leuven, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Jason,
Thank you very much for taking some time to let us know about your personal experiences in our hotel and share it with other Tripadvisor users.
I do hope we may welcome you again in Leuven!
Kind regards, Heidi Jeuris

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Stayed in hotel for 3 night over a weekend. The hotel over shadows the train station, thinking we will have sleepless night we did not you forgot they where there.Being in edge of town it was only 10 minutes walk to the center square of town.The staff of the hotel where very friendly and helpful making you feel at home

Room Tip: 8th floor facing the station square, this over looks the main town
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Tineke73, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Leuven, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Chris H,

I'm very pleased to read that you felt at home and that you had a nice long weekend in our city. Thank you very much for taking some time to share this feedback with us!

I do hope we may welcome you soon "back home" again!

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Hello, I had once again the opportunity to stay at the Park Inn Radisson in Leuven. as usual the service was at the correct level (not too friendly, not unfriendly...just right and what I am looking for) Rooms were perfectly found. Had an amazing view from the 8th floor and enjoyed every second.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Dennis B,

thank you very much for your second contribution about us on Tripadvisor! I'm glad to read that we met your expectations again and I sincerely hope you enjoyed the breakfast!

When will be your next visit to Leuven? I hope to may welcome you again!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Had a wonderful stay here with a group of classic cars. Very comfortable and extremely clean. Staff could not have been more helpful recommending places to eat and drink. Easy to get to town centre and a superb breakfast, scrambled egg to die for!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Tineke73, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Leuven, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear ngcw,

thank you very much for sharing your experiences about your stay in our hotel amongst other users of Tripadvisor. I'm pleased to read that you have enjoyed our services and I do hope you enjoyed your tour in Belgium too. And next time you'll visit us, I'll make sure that we have enough scrambled eggs for you!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

2nd stay in this modern hotel, situated at the backside of the railway station and near to the town's center. Friendly staff, nice rooms with spacious shower and large beds. Good breakfast..served until 11.00 a.m. during the weekend. Fore sure a good place to stay !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Dirk K,

thank you for choosing our hotel another time! I'm happy to read that we met up to your expectations again! This is definitely a compliment for my colleagues which I will pass on to them, for sure!

Would you please let us know when will be your 3rd visit in our hotel?