“Very comfortable, but had better xpectations!!”

Park Inn by Radisson Leuven
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Leuven
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Very comfortable, but had better xpectations!!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located right next to the train station, to take you to Brussels and nearby towns!
2 minute walk to a bunch of pubs/ restaurants at the central square outside the station.
15 minute walk to the grote market, not bad in summers - takes you through the main shopping street (read brands). You land at a place where you see nothing but beer, beer n beer! What a spot, absolutely recommended!!

Hotel has great rooms, a bit small but accommodating!
WiFi is pretty slow - come on who charges for faster internet nowadays!!
Their gym was quite basic!
No room service, painful!
But a good restaurant of their own, have to try their fritters!
Perfectly welcoming front desk staff!
Good for business trips!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Tineke73, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Leuven, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Brosam,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! I will share them with the team here!

With kind regards, Tineke de Wit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Good facilities, helpful and efficient staff with good knowledge of all local venues, facilities and institutions. The hotel is very near the railway station so trips to Brussels and other places were fairly easy. We even met up with friends for dinner in Brussels and were back at the hotel before midnight.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Tineke73, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Leuven, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Murray K,

Thank you very much for you positive review! I'm very glad you could enjoy your stay at our hotel!

Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Great location! Just next to a train station which connects to Brussels in approximate 20mins! Serenity of residential infront and hustle and bustle just beyond the train station! Perfect to walk and roam around with shops like H&M,Mossimo Dutti and so forth 10-12mins walk from hotel. Spoilt for choices with restaurants around. Admire the beauty of the restored buildings. Breakfast requires more rotation of food type served. Thank you Maya(housekeeping) to reply my little handwritten note requesting for chocolate powder sachets! Your handwritten reply made me smile and it was the best memory from the hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Tineke73, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Leuven, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Cynthia Hui Xin L,

Reviews like this make it all worthwhile. We’re so pleased you had a great stay and really hope to
see you again in the near future.

Hostivice
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed twice in the hotel and it always fulfilled my expectations, mainly the room (large, clean, modern, interesting bathroom) and a good access to the railway station from where I could easily get into Brussels in 15minutes. It is functional modern hotel, fast check in/out and good breakfasts. I never had dinner there as the city center is close. However, the walk from the hotel to the center is not realy beautiful. So, in general good value for money and thus a ood alternative to expensive stay in mostly old hotels in Brussels.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Tomas J,

Thank you very much for your contribution and kind words! I hope to welcome you soon in Leuven again! Kind regards, Tineke de Wit
Antwerpen, Belgium
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here last weekend as I wanted to score some Club Carlson points with their Weekend Special promotion. I could book a 2 night stay cheap so I didn't hesitate and it was ages since I had been in Leuven. The location is great, right next to the train station. All you need to do is take the elevator up 1 floor and walk across the wooden bridge to the hotel. Staff was very friendly, nice recognition for elite member (I'm CC Gold) as we got upgraded to a bigger room. Even though the hotel is right next to the train station, you don't hear anything of noise. Our room was nice, quietly placed at the end of the hallway on the 5th floor, so passing traffic in the hallway at night. Room was spacious for 2 people, bathroom had the basics but was a bit on the small side and the placement of the sofa bed which prevents the bathroom door from opening completely kinda sucks. Breakfast in the morning can get crowded, luckily we went early on the first morning of our stay. The second morning we lucked out as their was a huge group of people which had to have breakfast before they continued their way on a bus. So we had to wait for 15 minutes to get a free table. Because it was so hot on Saturday night, we decided to have dinner at the hotel in the RBG. They have a small menu but it seemed very tasty. The person sitting a few tables away had ordered a shrimp salad and when that arrived it was a big plate which looked very appetising. We ordered a steak for my girlfriend and I ordered the mixed grill (all medium cooked), both would come with a side salad, fries and a sauce of our choice. First of all the waiter forgot to ask for our sauces, then when the meat finally arrived and we tasted it... We were very disappointed, the steak was dry, my pieces of meat of the mixed grill were dry and to top it off the waiter totally forgot our fries. When he came to check on us whether everything was ok, I told him the meat was anything but cooked properly. He excused himself and offered us a coffee or dessert, but that doesn't fill our stomachs. So dinner was a BIG disappointment, especially if you know that each dish set us back 25 euros! Would I come back to stay here? Yes! Would I eat there again? NO!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Tineke73, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Leuven, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Lionell J,

Thanks for sharing feedback on your recent stay. I’m really sorry to hear you were disappointed
with the quality of our food at dinner. Your experience clearly doesn’t meet with the
standards we set for ourselves. We do use guest feedback to find areas of improvement and I will
be sharing your feedback with the team. I hope we get the chance to host you again in the future
and show you that your experience this time is not the norm.

Camp Hill, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Excellent location and extremely friendly staff.. Food service for dinner and lunch was a little slow and pricey, but there are many restaurants within a 10 minute walk from the hotel... also provided a great continental breakfast... I would most certainly choose the park inn if I were to travel to Leuven again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn by Radisson Hotels

Heidi J, Director of Sales at Park Inn by Radisson Leuven, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Zachary,
Thank you for your contribution on Tripadvisor! I'm pleased to read you have enjoyed your stay.
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff in the restaurant.
I do hope to welcome you in the future again.
Kind regards, Heidi Jeuris
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

You find this hotel only two minutes walking distance from the train station. The hotel is modern and up to date. The bathroom is actually quite big and you have a separate toilet. Breakfast was not included in my price, and if you want it, it costs €16 p.p!

Stayed July 2014
Tineke73, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Leuven, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear Kent H,

thank you very much for sharing your experience in our hotel with other users of Tripadvisor.
I'm pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay! I hope to welcome you in the near future again!