“Not the best sushi in town”
Review of inari sushi bar

inari sushi bar
Ranked #120 of 428 Restaurants in Leuven
Price range: US$26 - US$66
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Having been told over and over again that, as a sushi lover, I should try Inari in Leuven. So finally my wife and I went there last Friday night. I made reservations 30' ahead and had no problems to book a table for two. When entering (on time) the place was packed but my table was ready waiting for our arrival.
Many guests at Inari go for the classic "boat full of sushi". We went for a selection of the more "advanced" sushi rolls of which Inari has a wide variety. However the place was really busy our order came reasonably fast. The quality of the sushi was good, really good even. But I don't think I will go back to Inari. Because I believe the sushi is better at New Sushi Palace (and prices are better there too).

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

Excellent Sushi for a fair price, always fresh and tasty, recommended! Try sushi, sashimi maki deluxe to have an overview of what they can offer...

Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Of course nowadays there are several places in Leuven where you can eat sushi, but this one is simply the best. Went there the first time after a recommendation of Japanse colleague living in Leuven, and now I go there regularly for lunch with a friend. Service is friendly although somewhat slow, but that adds to the 'zen'feeling you get here.

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Went with a group of 4 and got a mix of sushi, tempura, and dim sum. Service is good and friendly, setting is nice. The tempura is below average, bland in taste, served with dry carrots and a soy sauce. Same with the dim sum, bland stuffing and neither of the 3 sauces added anything to this dish. The sushi was ok, fish was fresh but not of highest quality and some of the rolls were fun, but again nothing special here. Price was ok, short of €135. Would I give it another try? Yes but I wouldn't go for the boat but pick my own sushi

Reviewed 15 July 2013

This place serves good and varied sushi.
Non-sushi lovers can also try other good dishes
!WARNING! the curry is VERY HOT

In all this is a good restaurant, though not perfect - service can sometimes be slow and the fish is'nt always 'the freshest' (although still very fresh)