“Room with a view”

Guesthouse Begijnhof
Ranked #3 of 23 Leuven B&B and Inns
Reviewed 11 June 2013

This lovely B&B is right near the quiet, peaceful streets of the Begijnhof. Michael is your charming and attentive host and we really enjoyed chatting with him during our stay. He even drove us to the station through the icy streets on the morning of our leaving. The room we had faced the Begijnhof and was cosy and well appointed. Breakfast was wonderful and we couldn't have enjoyed our stay more. Would go back in an eye-blink.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 November 2012

We enjoyed our stay in this hostel very much, since everything was just right. First of all, the location is magical, and we were lucky enough to have a room overlooking the Begijnhof. Waking up with the bells of the church in the Begijnhof is wonderful. As I understood from other reviews, the B&B has been open for just a couple of months, and everything is perfectly new. Breakfast is just fine. One thing that I disliked was that in the bathroom the shower was hand held and not fastened to the wall. Surprising given that the bathroom was brand new.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank penelopeia
Reviewed 8 October 2012

For a traveller alone I couldn't have asked for anything more. Wonderful house! The room and bathroom were beautiful (good beds, lovely view on the beguinage, clean...) and the common areas such as the garden and the lounge (with fireplace) were wonderful. Moreover the owners were very accommodating and made me feel more than welcome even though I only stayed one night. Moreover there was a lot of attention paid to the breakfast which was the cherry on top. Definitely my first choice if needing to stay in Leuven again!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2012

I have stayed just for one night and I would rate it "very good" or "excellent" but... But I had a single room which in this case means that my bathroom and toilet were cross the public corridor.
The owner is very pleasant and helpful guy, everything is nice there but I can't help myself and simply can't rate higher. Imagine that you wake up in the night and you need to toilet, or even before sleep when you need to clean your teeth or take a shower - you need to dress up, cross the corridor, lock in your (nice) bathroom and... Etc. However I believe that if I stay in any double room that I would be satisfied.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Jardaok
Reviewed 2 June 2012

When you walk down Schapenstraat, you wouldn't know there was a guesthouse here: there is only a little label next to the buzzer at the front door! I came here because of the university conference venue nearby, so it has been helpful.I was greeted by Michael, the owner, and he is obviosuly very proud of the place which only began operating in February 2012. There are 5 rooms and Michael and his wife does everything. It's just been redone, so it's clean and stylish (think modern bathroom fittings and black curtains) in the context of an old place (think plenty of exposed beams). I took a single room without an ensuite for 70 euros a night. I might suggest that a mirror and a wastepaper basket in the bedroom might be useful. I had a front facing room, and sometimes you can hear a fair bit of talking downstairs!

Room Tip: Ask for a back room, which is quieter and faces the garden.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Natkretep
Reviewed 25 May 2012

Beautiful (bath)room, soft bedding and towels, lovely bed (!), good location, nice view, delicious breakfast, friendly and helpful owner!

Lovely stay!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2012

We spent one night in this new guesthouse. Very good experience. Wonderful old building but beautifully restored. Very nice old room, very comfortable and romantic. Excellent bed and we had a very good sleep.Wifi free and good connection.Breakfast provided and included. The location is perfect next to the Begijnhof. Service is provided by the owners and they are very accomodating and doing their best. PPrice quality excellent. We will come back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business