“Best sushi ever!”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Pavia, Italy
“Best sushi ever!”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

During a short trip in Belgium, we stoppen in Leuven and went to this restaurant after suggestion of one of our friends who lives there. And we were not disappointed. I am always skeptical when I go to a sushi restaurant that I don't know, because you can always risk

- a horrible meal with awful fish
- an incredibly expensive meal or
- too little food

Well, this place was the opposite. I took a temaki and a sushi-sashimi mix. The fish was OH MY GOODNESS SO FRESH! And so thick! The plate had (only) 26 sushi pieces, which I was afraid would not be enough, but at the end I was really full, and it was not because of the rice! It's been probably the first time that I left some rice in the plate to enjoy all the fish.

I promised myself that I will go again there. Lucky guys from Leuven that can enjoy such a place more frequently!

1 Thank OminoDiGhisa

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Leuven, Belgium
“The best sushi in town”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

The sushi is perfect, the rice is well-cooked and the topping is excellent.
The service is friendly and extremely helpful. They value their customers.

1 Thank neldve
Leuven, Belgium
“Favorite”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

I live in Leuven and this is our favorite restaurant. Whenever we have guests we always take them here. I think it is the rice that makes it so good, and the fish always looks fresh

1 Thank Christopher M
Brussels, Belgium
“My favorite sushi place”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I live in Leuven and I love sushi, so I've been looking for good sushi at good prices. There's a lot of good sushi in Leuven, but a lot of them are a bit expensive. Sakura is not cheap, but cheaper than others while the quality, in my opinion, is very good. I like their sushi a lot and I go there maybe once a month for a take out (I prefer to eat it at home). I usually take the Sushi Sashimi 1 person menu. It's only 22,5 euro for 24 or sometimes more pieces of good sushi. You can also call in advance to order your takeout, which is nice if you don't have a lot of time. All in all, a great place to get sushi around Leuven.

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank Riverdale27
Crevoladossola, Italy
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

This is my favourite sushi place by far! I've been in Sakura plenty of times and I can say that the food is fresh and, rarely, I've tasted such a good sushi and sashimi. The portions are big, the location in the middle of Munstraat is amazing and the service is great. It's also very cheap. I really suggest this place to everyone!

• Visited September 2012