“Just about the best beer I've ever had”
Review of Staminee De Garre

Staminee De Garre
Ranked #5 of 43 Nightlife in Bruges
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Great place. No fuss. Awesome house beer. Look for the sign for Cookies at the top of the alley way to find it.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

We stopped by De Garre every day (sometimes more than once) during our stay in Bruges. The house beer, a 11.50% abv tripel, is a must have beer for every beer aficionado (note that you can order a half size). While finding the bar is half the fun (it is located in an alley near The Belfort), the bar's atmosphere (the staff was very friendly) and its beer selection makes it a must go destination in Bruges.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

We always make sure to visit De Garre every time we're in Bruges! Located down a back alley it's just off the tourist roads but still pulls in big crowds!

Their own brew is the whole reason to go here, it's the only place in the world you get it and is brewed in house. Just be careful, it's bloody strong! Plus, every beer comes with a pot of cheese!

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This ancient bar hidden away down a small side street in the centre of Bruges is the only place you can get yourself a glass of what I'm still convinced has to be the best beer in the world. I loved Bruges and can't wait to go back, but I know for a fact I'll be going back sooner just so I can have a glass (or three - and you won't be allowed more than that) of Garre. I've looked for websites that sell it, and whether anyone exports it, all with no luck. It is therefore fortunate that the bar feels full of history and worth a visit in itself, and that it is also located in one of the most beautiful cities in the world. No doubt that should help sell future Garre missions to my wife.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

If you are travelling to Brugges, you need to go to De Garre and drink their great beer. It is close to the market place but very hard to find.