“Fantastic food and amazing atmosphere”
Review of In't Nieuw Museum

In't Nieuw Museum
Reserve with
In't Nieuw Museum is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 749 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: US$29 - US$59
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We went to bruges for the weekend and after rerading great reviews here on TA decided to go find the restaurant, everyone said you should book so i called thursday from the Uk and booked a table for 7, it was very out of the way and would never have found it unless i was actually looking for it, and even if i had found it would most likely never go in from the outside impressions.

We arrived at 6:30 and it was empty I thought we had booked a disaster but they were very warm and welcoming and sat us down and said we could order immediately if we choose too. 3 ordered steaks and I ordered the "all you can eat" ribs, within 30 mins the restaurant was nearly full, the steaks were lovely and even though my wife asked to cook hers a little more as it was a little too red in the middle for her they did so with no problems, my ribs were the best ribs I HAVE EVER TASTED, I never even put their sauce on it as the cooked meat was so tasty it was amazing, after the first lot was gone they brought more and they were just as nice.
I WOULD recommend this to everyone who visit Bruges, I WOULD go again if I ever went to Bruges and I WOULD insist you visit if you go to Bruges, trust me you wont be disappointed

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Seven of us ate in this restaurant during a four day visit to Bruges. We booked four restaurants in advance (essential for all) and were disappointed that we hadn't booked In't Nieuw Museum for every night. The food was prepared on an indoor charcoal grill right in front of us and it was delicious. The staff were friendly and helpful, all speaking perfect English of course. Compared with prices in the rest of Bruges, these were extraordinarily reasonable.
From start to finish a memorable evening, thoroughly recommended.

1  Thank DaveHermelin
Reviewed 16 November 2013

hi this restaurant was recommended by the hotel and after studying TA four of us went on a tuesday in mid november ,the place doesnt look much from outside and if we had just chanced upon it we would have kept walking,the food was excellent with the meat cooked on an open fire by the owner in the restaurant with the steak being one of the best i have ever tasted,good value for bruges with four of us paying about £110 with lots of beers,service im not sure about as the restaurant was quite empty and the waitress was as friendly as she had to be but no more and the table she put us on to start with was about touching a couple at the next table,this couple i thought were in a party of four as they were that close to another couple ,its only when they left i realised they werent together,this aside i wouldnt complain if i had to return to this restaurant

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is a fantastic restaurant! The meat is prepared in front of you and tastes amazing! Very cosy atmosphere. Definitely worth a visit if the idea of an indoor barbecue is tempting to you!

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

This small restaurant is a hidden gem, it's a little out of the way but it's worth the walk. The food is cooked upon an open fire the beer is very good value and you can't beat the experience. This mine and wor lasses best restaurant in Bruges just due to the quirkiness of the place along with the good food and nice beers. The service was fantastic and it was nice to visit here again after such a long time. I will be back in the new year to try the unlimited ribs!

1  Thank Chris K