“Streaming hot!”

Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Kitchen open from 12:00 till 23:00
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

My family and I moved into our holiday rental and walked over to this restaurant at the suggestion of our landlord. It was a nice place, very clean. The staff was attentive and friendly. My sons ordered the lasagna diablo. My husband and I ordered the fish stew. All the dishes came to the table bubbling hot from the oven.

The food was quite tasty. One of my sons complained that there was an overabundance of cheese and not much meat in the lasagna. The fish stew was delicious. The portions were generous. The prices were reasonable. Don't hesitate to visit this restaurant.

After eating, we took a nice stroll in the park across the street. Very nice evening to celebrate the beginning of our Brugge vacation.

4  Thank Busy Marie

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We visited on Sunday 25th May having spotted this place advertised on the Use-It Europe Bruges Map. The menu looked good, and the outside space was excellent for catching the sunshine, and cold beers were quickly given to us. However - after waiting very patiently for 45 minutes for two toasted sandwiches, we asked the waitress where they were. She laughed as she said she had "forgotten" to put them through the machine. No real apology, no offer of making our order for us as quickly as possible or anything! I was very surprised by her attitude, and found her very rude. I went inside to pay for our drinks, to find that she sniggered with her friend about the situation as I walked out...!
I hope this was one bad experience with one member of staff who isn't very good with customer service, for the place did look lovely and many others on here appear to have had much better experiences. Sadly, I doubt we will return.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

we found this restaurant after reading a review in guide book, a short walk from the centre but well worth it. the menu has something for everyone and even as a vegetarian i was spoilt for choice, our party had the goats cheese croquette salad and salmon lasagne, all excellent - 3 main courses and 3 glasses of wine for 46 euros! the following day we checked out other restaurants and decided none offered a better choice than this and returned for a second night, we all had the 'world famous' spaghetti bolognese (meat and veggie versions) OMG this is not to be missed, if you only have time for 1 meal in bruges then eat here you will not be disappointed, it is frequented by locals and has a lovely atmosphere.
don't be ripped off by the tourist restaurants on the square!

1  Thank maggiemay1925
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We went to L' Estaminet two times. The best buy we had was the hearty spaghetti for 9 euros.
It was very good with a slightly unusual presentation. It's served in a warm personal size casserole and has melted cheese on top.
The place was full of local families both times we were there. It's a few blocks from the main square and it's worth it to search it out. It has a casual atmosphere. Friendly service even for us English speakers.
Although service is slower than expected, it was worth it. Enjoy!

2  Thank JohnandKathyR
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This was around the corner from my hotel, and I ate here both nights I was in Bruges. There's nothing fancy here, just soup, salad, pastas, sandwiches, simple entrees and Belgian beer. Prices are reasonable and service is with a smile, if rather slow: the place, understandably, is hugely popular.

1  Thank slsiege