“Plenty of good food”
Review of Eetcafe De Vuyst - CLOSED

Eetcafe De Vuyst
Price range: US$3 - US$58
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: EAT WHERE THE LOCALS MEET at this contemporary bistro in all about good, straightforward food and friendly service. We don't believe in strict etiquette here. Our aim is to ensure that guest can have a nice meal or a drink in a fun, NO-NONSENSE ATMOSPHERE. We have an exensive menu, including fast snacks or lunches or a delicious steak or a bit of fish.Come and visit the bar, bistro, terrace and café
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We went here for a small lunch, but ended up eating a huge amount as we ordered 3 tapas platters and could not finish them. The food was great as was the service and the drinks.

2  Thank Riojawikinger

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Great location overlooking the CHRISTMAS market, we sat right at the back of the restaurant which had a really eclectic mix of decor and ornaments, very cool, the staff were very attentive and the food was very good, prices were slightly above average but I thought was worth it, I had a very nice steak and my wife had mussels. Both of which were delicious, all in all I would eat here again

2  Thank opaogooner
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Spotted this walking around and decided to try the €10 breakfast. Far better value than a hotel breakfast, croissant, roll, fried egg, ham, cheese, coffee, juice and a smoothie all for €10. Give it a try!

2  Thank David A
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Arrived in the cafe just after 8, it was emptyish - a couple of other tables taken but we thought maybe people were eating late so sat down. Just as we received our menus, both other tables finished their meal and left, so we were the only couple in the large cafe, and no-one else arrived while we were there. In the circumstances, we went for the 1 course beer-based option: a carbonnade of beef cooked in Belgian beer, with a 75cl bottle of good quality beer to drink, for 39.50 euros for 2. By Bruges standards, good value, although effectively it was stew, chips and beer. The beef was quite tender, the chips OK (never had particularly good chips in Bruges, which I thought they specialised in). But is was too quiet, and as we got near the end of our emal they started putting chairs away - not a convivial experience.

1  Thank Christ0pherF
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I have been visiting Brugge for many tears and no matter what time of the year my first stop is always this delightful quirky cafe. The decor used to have an audio equipment theme with various pieces of recording equipment and studio odds and ends. This went a few years back and now it is an eclectic mix of styles and eras. Throughout the service has been pleasant and efficient and the quality of food and drinks always good value and varied. I love the flip through menu booklet, listing hot and cold drinks snacks and more substantial meals. There is usually a bargain menu of the day but whatever you choose is good quality and freshly prepared. The locals use this place so that speaks volumes. Only a few metres off the busy shopping street ,it would be easy to overlook EETCAFE DE VUYST, I found it first many years ago on a cold November day. The welcome was warm so was the hot chocolate., My latest vist on Easter Sunday 2013 was just as good as it has always been. Do not be in a hurry. Savour the atmosphere and if adventurous make the expedition via crooked upper floors and quirky stairways to visit the toilets.(Not disabled friendly) You will understand why I only tell those I really like,where this place is. A quiet corner in Bustling Brugge.(Mukti lingual staff)

2  Thank islander2001