“Best food in Bruges!”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
toronto
“Best food in Bruges!”
Reviewed 20 December 2011

This is run by two sisters. It is very small and reservations are a must. It is located down a tiny street. The food is absolutely wonderful and the owners are so charming that we returned for a third night.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank torontobiggs1

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great cosy home cooked dining”
Reviewed 4 December 2011

Tiny restaurant with great French food and superb Belgian hospitality. Up a tiny alley so off the beaten track would highly recommend making a beeline for this place.

oxford
“The only place to eat”
Reviewed 20 September 2011

WOW! Brugge is an amazing place and I am so glad we took our friends to celebrate their joint 60th.
WOW! is Brugge the most expensive place to eat, local lunchtime restaurants were charging over 20 euros for moules and frites!!!!!!!!!!
Anyway luckily on the second night wandering down a very narrow side street looking for an evening meal we walked past Malesherbes. You could instantly tell that this was somewhere different that this was not aimed for all the normal tourists. The menu was interesting, created with care and passion instantly creating a picture about who they were and what they were about. Great food and relaxed, warm and proffessional service
It was so good we ate there for two nights. Only small so definately book.

• Visited June 2011
6 Thank willOxford
Bruges, Belgium
“A local hidden gem with charming ANN's and wonderful food!”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I have mentioned this restaurant before as the Malesherbes of Antigua, Guatemala see Hector's, so it was about time to reveal some words of the real one in Bruges!
This little treasure is by far my local favourite it is hard to beat the ambiance,the perfect size, the smiling and laughing waitress, the food and wine for a more than correct price and I may not forget the blackboard, with the specialties,it has been used so many times that it really needs to be repainted! On the other hand many local restaurants never change their so called specialty that last for months and comes from the Aldi!!!
Look this place has been one of my favourites for years and I do travel and go out eating a lot!

12 Thank vdds
Skipton, United Kingdom
“A real gem of a restaurant, our best meal out in a long time!”
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I dined here one evening with my husband and two teenage children, and we all thoroughly enjoyed every element of the meal. This was really tasty food, I had a warm goats cheese salad, fairly simple, but very fresh, beautifully prepared and the most delicious salad dressing. My dessert, a tart tatin was likewise delicious. The service was welcoming and friendly and we each had a main course and dessert, all different, so we sampled a variety of the dishes from the menu. The menu isn't vast but does provide a good choice so we were able to find something that even a very fussy and unadventurous 13 year old was happy to eat. The restaurant is small and all the better for it. My husband and I could not resist returning for lunch the following day and we were not disappointed. I would love to return to Bruges and when we do we will certainly return to Malesherbes.

• Visited July 2011