“Great value food and location”
Review of Singe D'Or

Singe D'Or
Ranked #631 of 768 Restaurants in Bruges
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Nice relaxed atmosphere. Reasonably priced food and good service from the staff. Located in a nice little square with inside and outside seating. The moules and frites were excellent!

Reviewed 4 June 2014

We chose this restaurant due to its dish of the day advertised on the chalk board. The food was delicious. Fish seemed to be a popular menu item and if you want to try eel, this is your chance. However, what could have been a very nice meal was ruined by very poor service. Fries should have accompanied the meals but arrived after we had finished them, and after we had reminded the waiting staff twice. A mother with her young daughter arrived and despite knowing what they wanted to order having consulted the menu outside, they were handed menus and were left waiting so long they upped and left. The beer was really good though!

1  Thank Kevin H
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We walked along this stretch of restaurants, my partner particularly wanted to try eel! We found eel on this menu and that is why we went in. We ordered a half carafe of red wine, e9.90.
I had a 'fillet' of salmon with duchess potatoes and veg in a mustard sauce (e18). When it arrived it was a salmon steak, with potato croquettes, but still very nice.
My partner had eel in a cream sauce that came with chips and salad (e21.50).
We followed with 2 white ports (e4 each)
Food and drinks were very pleasant, sat at front of restaurant so we had a good view. Staff were efficient. Drinks came with a curry flavoured small pot of nibbles.
Disappointed when at the end of evening, we paid the bill Via debit card and the waiter asked me to put a tip of e5 or e6 on. I said I would leave a cash tip but resented being told how much tip I was expected to leave!

Reviewed 26 April 2014

There must be hundreds of better places to go to in Bruges than here. The only good thing I can think of it it's fairly good location on a square and nice tables outside.
Foodwise it's awful. The croque monsieur was a pathetic excuse... a fairly floppy cheddar and ham toastie. I know that's essentially what a croque monsieur is but for 7euros I was expecting a bit more effort. Not to mention the sad looking wilted up 'side salad'...
Avoid.

1  Thank olipom
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I never thought something like that can happen in a restaurant...! We went here in a group of 9 people for dinner. We were seated next to a guy who has been so drunk that in his sleep he was occasionally vomiting at himself. Our waiter did not care to wake him up and send him home. One of my friends discovered a piece of GLASS in his salad (about 3-4 cm long and sharp). When he addressed this to the waiter, waiter said that he must have planted it there himself and that all that he is willing to do with it is to give a reduction of 2 euro for the salad (since it was found in the salad). No apology or whatsoever. Then he asked us to leave. And between the doors the waiter verbally attacked our friend telling him that he is a whine-baby, that he hates French people and that if the rest of us wasn't there he would have punched him into his face. This was outrageous!!!
As for food - quality of the food is rather poor and at the same time over priced. You will get better and cheaper fries at any corner shop in Brugges.

1  Thank Alexandra F