“Great B&B&Bennie” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great B&B&Bennie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Totally enjoyable accommodations and host. Drinks in the refrigerator are very reasonable priced and the breakfast variety was prefect for us. There are a number of excellent restaurants nearby that definitely have a local feel to them and are quite enjoyable. And the location could not be better, a quiet area and only a short walk from 'downtown'.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Curt60

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Greek first
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

About 15 minute easy walk to downtown sights; neighborhood was residential, used to be blue collar. Had 2nd floor room (friends took 3rd floor) and loved it. Roomy, quiet -- except for the church bells ringing 15 minutes early Sunday evening to remind people of last Mass of the day -- clean and very restful. Small kitchen & stocked mini-fridge on honor system. Wonderful typically Belgian breakfasts delivered outside the door. Bennie had lots of information about sights, museum pass, places to bike, restaurants, etc. He led us on a fun ride along a canal to Damme, a village about 3 miles away, stopping at a working windmill on the way. He joined us in conversation every day and made us want to return.

Room Tip: 2nd & 3rd floors (1st & 2nd in Europe) are larger.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DadDave
Santiago, Chile
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

This was my first stay in Europe after living in London for 2 months. I wanted something authentic, not too close to the city center to avoid tourist traps, and hopefully as charming as the city.
I stayed in November 2012, and it was already cold but not freezing. We arrived via train from London, connecting in Brussels, and then took a bus to the B&B from Brugge train station. There is a bus that drops you very close, but not many drivers speak English, so be prepared to speak French or mimic!

The neighbourhood is charming and quiet, very residential, and it was simply a dream to go back walking from the centre (about 5 minutes) during a starry, cold night. It was truly Europe at it's best.

We only had one slight inconvenience with the check, due mainly to the fact that we missed our morning train from London and had to catch one that left two hours later. Since I did not have internet in Belgium, when I arrived the kind manager/owner (very hospitable Benny!) was very stressed because he was expecting us earlier and could not contact us. I later received an email he had sent me in the meantime saying he had tried to charge the credit room provided and it had failed, so he was waiting for my contact in 30 minutes or would release the reservation for someone else. This is completely understandable being a very small B&B, but still we were a bit nervous upon arrival.

Everything else was perfect. The room is probably one of the biggest, nicest I stayed during my year in Europe. Very charming, incredible romantic ambience, even a little terrace where we ate breakfast one day. The bathroom was GIGANTIC and very charming as well. We slept truly wonderfully.

Each morning Benny made a custom, authentic Belgian breakfast in the small dinner, where we shared with other guests (there were 3 other couples). It was really nice to talk to them, and the food was AMAZING, all cooked to order, soft eggs, bread, meats, the works! Benny was also very helpful with tour ideas and restaurant reservations (DO NOT miss Cambrinus, it's to die for!).

We loved the location, not right on top of the centre, more residential and authentic, close to the canals and windmills. All in all, Brugge is one of the most beautiful and charming cities in Europe, with incredible sights, beer and food, and I wouldn't stay anywhere else the next time I am lucky enough to visit.

Room Tip: Ask for the room in the top... it's simply spectacular, hughe, with a little terrace where you c...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
2 Thank Pedro L
Burnaby, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

As I was taking the train from Bruges to Brussels, I was thinking of something to write about Bennie’s B&B. I told him that it would be informative but also humorous (if you’ve read some of my pieces you’ll know where this goes). See if you can figure this tune out.

Hey kids, welcome here to Bruges
Bennie will give you a map
He’ll show you things to see and do.
Thirst for beer? He’ll help you there.
He’s really spot on!
His street is so quiet that you hear birds
Just singing their song.

Our room was just there, up on the second level.
You’d couldn’t want more. B, B, B, B, Bennie and Bariseele.
Oh, Bennie’s warm smile welcomes you home.
Oh, after a really long tour.
You’ve got a ceiling fan, a TV set
Which has BBC 1, 2, 3 and 4!

B, B, B, Bennie and Bariseele

Hey kids there’s beer in the fridge
and glasses to match.
Yeah, and a microwave too!
Back in the room there’s a safe, iron and a board.
The bed’s really comfy, for good night sleeps.
breakfast brought to your door.

Oh, let me mention the location right now.
Or you could just look at a map! B, B, B, B, Bennie and Bariseele
Oh, there’s restaurants just around the corners
And bars that might be open for a tap.
With a ten minute walk to town, you can easily get around
There’s just no better place to be then

B, B, B, Bennie and Bariseele

Hey, he’s got this shower that really works great.
Thank goodness for that! B, B, B, B, Bennie and Bariseele
My train’s coming into Brussels
So, I have to end this song.
We will be back to Bruges, you know, it’s true
Our thanks to Bennie and Bariseele.

(I couldn’t resist this)
Bennie, Bennie, Bennie and Bariseele.
Bennie, Bennie, Bennie, Bennie and Bariseele.

*** Truly, one of the best B&B’s that we have stayed in. Run by one of the very best hosts.

Room Tip: Middle floor room was absolutely great!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank RadTel
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here with my husband for 3 days in June and have absolutely loved this B&B.
The room was spacious, well equipped and very clean. Great location too: in a quiet street, close to the Market square. Breakfast was delivered to our door every morning and it was always good.
The host, Benny, was very friendly and helpful.
We will definitely stay there again. Strongly recommend it. .

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Camelia D
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just returned from a week long stay at the Bariseele B&B. A fantastic place to stay within a few minutes walk of the town centre and in a quiet location with a private garage for your car if needed. Benny, the owner, keeps everything sparkling clean, is very welcoming and helpful, has very good recomendations on what to see and do, where to eat etc..Breakfast is delivered to your room on weekdays and at the weekend you eat breakfast with Benny in his own kitchen.
The rooms are big and airy and of a high standard, both my friends and myself hope to return again, we loved it.

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Rosie E
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

My wife and I stayed here for two nights in June 2013.
Breakfast was lovely, the room was clean and comfortable and the owner whose name now escapes me (over 12 months later) was very welcoming.
The location is ideal, just a short walk from the centre.
Bruges itself is excellent and we would love to return.
For the price this is so much better value than the faceless hotel we had in Brussels.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple