“Warm and welcoming with wonderful croissants!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bruges
Bed & Breakfast Gallery Yasmine
Ranked #7 of 232 Bruges B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 September 2009

My partner and I have just come back from a long lovely weekend in Bruges. One of the highlights was staying at this wonderful B&B. My partner booked this B&B as a surprise and what a wonderful surprise it was!

Location: Yasmine B&B is in a great location as it's only a few minutes walk from great restaurants (although great restaurants are dotted all over Bruges) and even better only a couple of minutes from some good bars/pubs situated right on the canal. The B&B is about 25 minutes leisurely walk from the train station.

The B&B: This is a small B&B come art Gallery. It hosts 6 bedrooms and the ground floor of the building displays artwork created by the B&B owners daughter. The breakfast area is situated at the back of the gallery area with a small pretty enclosed garden to look out on to.

The Rooms: The rooms are spacious, clean and inviting with each of the rooms named after flowers. We stayed in the desert flower room, which was decorated with a decadent gold breadspread and gold drapes. Each of the rooms also has a piece of artwork from the gallery hung on one of the walls. The ensuite bathroom was clean and spacious, with herbal shower gel and shampoos provided for our use. The only piece of furniture I missed was a full length mirror (but perhaps I'm too vain!).

The Host: I cannot say enough about Albina, who owns and runs the B&B. She was warm and inviting, always making time to talk to us, giving us tips about where and where not to go in the city. We once an hour late down for breakfast, but Albina had kept the buffet open and the tea and coffee hot just for us. She never missed the opportunity to make us feel very welcomed and comfortable.

The Breakfast: Albina bakes fresh croissants daily and there was nothing like waking up to the smell of freshly baked bread wafting up the stairs to our bedroom (I can't seem to convince my partner to wake up at 7am to bake croissants for me!). Breakfast is served at 9am and Albina puts on a great spread: fresh tea, coffee and orange juice, cold cuts and a range of cheeses, scrambled eggs and of course freshly baked bread and croissants. A great start to the day!

The Gallery: The B&B also doubles as an art gallery displaying Yasmine's (Albina's daughter) paintings. The majority of the artwork is on the ground floor but there is a painting in each of the rooms. The paintings are available to purchase.

I would not hesitate to recommend this B&B. I'm normally a hotel type of person and all the luxuries that go with staying in a hotel, but our stay in the B&B was perfect. I would love to go back to Bruges - it's a beautiful city - and would definitely stay and B&B Yasmine!

Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brendan10

Reviewed 10 August 2009

Stayed for two days with my aged parents and my 3, thrity something siblings. Had a great stay with the lady of the house making us feel very welcoming and assisting us with all our requests.

We had a nice breakfast -continental style with scrambled eggs plus freshly made bread by the land lady herself.

We had three rooms of which two were fantastic, large airy with huge windows. One had powered adjustable beds!!! The third room was nice though very warm and seemed to attract mosquitos - though the land lady did everything she could to help us.

Great location, five minutes away from the main squares, close to some nice bars, restaurants and cool craftshops. I prefer this to the endless tat and lace shops that are in the more touristy parts of town.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2009

My wife and I just returned from a two night stay at the B&B Yasmine. Albina, who owns and operates this unique and special B&B and art gallery, is a gracious, warm, welcoming, helpful, and endearing host in every respect, and she goes out of her way to make you feel right at home and comfortable. We were welcomed in the afternoon with tea, coffee, and cake and other tasty treats. Our room was lovely, and the B&B's location is close to but not on top of the action. Very nice restaurants, shops, bakeries, canals, and even windmills are nearby. The breakfasts were excellent and generous. We highly recommend this fine establishment to you.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2009

If your travels take you to Bruges, then Gallery Yasmine should be your home away from home. Albina presents a great breakfast with fantastic homemade breads. The location is convenient, rooms are clean and neat, and Albina is helpful with all types of information. Hearing about the hard work and time that was put into the renovation over the last several years makes you appreciate this place even more.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2009

This is now the second time we have stayed with my family in this B&B. Our first experience in September 2008 was so fabulous that we decided that there is absolutely nowhere else in Brugge that we would like to stay when returning this June.

We stayed for three days in the Sunflower room at the very top floor, which is in my opinion the loveliest room in the house. It has a charming and warm atmosphere and there is a view overlooking the rooftops of Brugge.

There is a comfortably flexible breakfast time for the "long-in-sleepers" and the serving is tasty, healthy and delightful. The landlady bakes several types of first-class fresh bread by herself in the morning, there are cereals and fresh fruit, croissants, omelettes and absolutely everything you wish for at a delicious breakfast.

The landlady knows around Brugge very well and can give you some excellent tips on what to see, where to eat or tells you the interesting little "curiosités" about places in Brugge. You can reach just about anything in the city within 5-10 minutes, as the B&B is located only some 3-5 minutes walk from the main square.

Albina, the landlady, and Yasmine, her lovely daughter who is also an artist and exhibits her paintings in the B&B gallery, trully do everything and more to make your stay a pleasurable one and to give you a warm welcome.

Gallery Yasmine is certainly more than a good value for its money and I cannot say anything but to recommend it full-heartedly for your stay in Brugge.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2009

As part of a romantic weekend with my girlfriend, I booked a room at B&B Yasmine. I must say it was absolutely fantastic.
The reception was fantastic, there was private parking for the car (really handy with the prices for parking in Bruges) and the room was just lovely. Very romantic, a great bed, very nice bath and shower too. Very clean, and very cosy.
The owner gave us a bottle of red wine because we were on a romantic weekend. And it tasted just great.
We really enjoyed our breakfast as well, in the nice setting of the art gallery.
We will defenitly be going there again. You HAVE to go there!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2009

Group Info:
-4 adults (me, my boyf, and his parents)
-Stayed here for 2 nights (5/22-5/24)
-Stayed in the Sunflower room (2 king size beds)
-Total: 290euro for all 4 of us

I chose this place after looking at numerous B&Bs in the Bruges area and a lot of them were actually booked due to it being a holiday weekend over there. Luckily for us, Gallery Yasmine had a room available!

Room: Sunflower room was very pretty! 2 king size beds. The 2nd bed is tucked into the loft - so it's a little tough to climb up the stairs if you're tall. The linens and bed were absolutely great! When we were there it was fairly warm in Belgium so the top of the room got a little warm but it was fine if you cracked the sunroof.
-the room is on the top floor but there is an elevator (lift) available so that helps a lot w/ luggage, etc.

Breakfast: The best part of our stay! Albina made a great spread every morning. She even had hot chocolate for breakfast! There were homemade croissants, scrambled eggs, cheeses, and fruit. Very nice to wake up to yummy smells! She even made crepes one day!

Location: It's a little further away from the main center (thank goodness!) but it's less than 10min. walk to the center. It's on a nice street with a grocery store less than 5 minute walk. There's also a laundromat that's an 8min. walk away. The B&B itself is also an art gallery for Albina's daughter's artwork so during the day they have the doors open to guests, passerbys, etc. At night, you have to make sure you lock the main door (I kept having trouble with the lock - doh! haha)

Albina was the most accomodating host! We would go back in a heartbeat. Overall this place was gorgeous and oh so very lovely.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family