“Don't eat here. Find somewhere else.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Mozarthuys
Ranked #572 of 701 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Belgian, European
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Don't eat here. Find somewhere else.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Rude waiters. Food pretty slow. Waiters give you options when ordering as if they are included within the prices - you then find out with the bill you have to pay for them! I inadvertently ordered a €7 salad this way then discovered my dish already came with a salad! Mussels were €24 without frites or bread. Sprite was flat and had to be sent back. Having said all that, a lovely spot to sit in the sun - of which there are plenty of others in Bruges - we would recommend you find another one!

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
St. John's, Canada
“The rudest waiter in Belgium”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The waiter was extremely rude...we arrived 8:30 and asked if the restaurant was still open......the waiter replies " do you think these people are sitting here because they have no where else to go ?'...we should have moved on but really wanted to try the scampi/shimp ...my wife and I simply sat down and reviewed the menu..we were indifferent about the options, waited 15 minutes with no service and then simply left. The waiter shouted at us " thank you for your patience " ...I said politely " we'll be back '...he shouts for all the customers to hear " don't come back"..

Avoid this restaurant folks. The waiter was busy telling the next table about his 3 divorces ( !!) so this is not the kind of place you want to drop $250 for two for a quick meal . The owners would be well advised to rid themselves of this psysho although from other reviews I just read I don't think they care

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mike709364
Belgium
“Our worst experience ever in Belgium”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

Eating out surely cant get any worse than this. Arrogant service and insulting behaviour. At this establishment customer satisfaction clearly doesn't count.Remember the name...Mozarthuys....and avoid it like the plague.

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank cdmurray
Sydney, Australia
“Wish I could give Zero stars! What a disgrace”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

This restaurant has 96 "terrible" ratings and after today im sure that number will be over 100 very soon!! Without question the WORST establishment that I have ever had the misfortune to consider giving my business to! My fiancée and I are visiting from Australia and my parents decided to take us to Bruge as it is one of Belgiums most beautiful cities. We sat down to order and while my parents and I were hungry,my fiancée was not and just wished to have a few glasses of beer. When we told the belligerent,rude and condescending waiter that only 3 of us wanted food,he announced that everyone HAD to eat or we couldn't be at the restaurant. When we expressed our disbelief at this (utterly stupid) policy,we were very rudely told to leave - someone should have reminded him that he works in a "customer service" industry! He then proceeded to attempt to insult my father in Dutch,not realising that 2 of us at the table speak it fluently. The attitude of this restaurant and it's staff need a serious adjustment and I hope they are soon out of business. Is a disgusting stain on the fabric of an absolutely beautiful city. ZERO stars and AVOID at all costs. Can't comment on the food as we left and had a sensational lunch round the corner at Maria Van Bourgondie - they deserve your business!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank minx_in_the_city
London, United Kingdom
“Best Flemish Stew ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had to wait for the table as they were full but it was worth it. The food was delicious and service immaculate, the atmosphere and overall décor warm and cosy. We came back the next day for lunch and weren't disappointed.

• Visited February 2014