“Lots of nicer places to eat in Brugge!”
Review of Mozarthuys

Mozarthuys
Ranked #585 of 721 Restaurants in Bruges
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Bruges, Belgium
“Lots of nicer places to eat in Brugge!”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I live near Brugge and often have visitors who want to visit. I had been to this restaurant a few times as the food was good especially the Flemish stew.
However the service has never been great. The 3rd time I visited I was so embarrassed the staff were so rude and really didn't make us feel welcome. They had problems with the tills and we were told not 'to move' until hey had got it sorted as we could not pay. We waited over 30 minutes and had no apology or any sort of sorry for our wait.
The food was ok but they were busy so it was not up to the normal standard,
I think this place feels everyone is a tourist and it doesn't matter how they treat people as they won't be coming back. I visit Brugge at least every 2 weeks and def won't be gong to this place again. There are many other restaurants in Brugge that serve better food and serviceM

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Sarah A

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Very busy central restaurant”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Ate here on a day visit to Bruges. It was very busy with all nationalities eating here. The atmosphere was good and it was central. The food seemed authentic and the waiter was happy to advise on the menu when asked explaining dishes to us. We enjoyed the meal and the beer. My husband had the rabbit with prunes which he said was lovely. Very hearty food which suited our visit on a cold November day.

• Visited November 2013
“Avoid this place!!!!!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Dont go here!! Service suck!! They ask for double tip, it seems like they are making you a favor. Avoid it!!! Food bad. Nothing like Belgian standards.

1 Thank npuente
London, United Kingdom
“Don't eat here. Find somewhere else.”
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Rude waiters. Food pretty slow. Waiters give you options when ordering as if they are included within the prices - you then find out with the bill you have to pay for them! I inadvertently ordered a €7 salad this way then discovered my dish already came with a salad! Mussels were €24 without frites or bread. Sprite was flat and had to be sent back. Having said all that, a lovely spot to sit in the sun - of which there are plenty of others in Bruges - we would recommend you find another one!

• Visited May 2014
St. John's, Canada
“The rudest waiter in Belgium”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The waiter was extremely rude...we arrived 8:30 and asked if the restaurant was still open......the waiter replies " do you think these people are sitting here because they have no where else to go ?'...we should have moved on but really wanted to try the scampi/shimp ...my wife and I simply sat down and reviewed the menu..we were indifferent about the options, waited 15 minutes with no service and then simply left. The waiter shouted at us " thank you for your patience " ...I said politely " we'll be back '...he shouts for all the customers to hear " don't come back"..

Avoid this restaurant folks. The waiter was busy telling the next table about his 3 divorces ( !!) so this is not the kind of place you want to drop $250 for two for a quick meal . The owners would be well advised to rid themselves of this psysho although from other reviews I just read I don't think they care

• Visited May 2014