“A romantic location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Pergola Restaurant
Ranked #330 of 701 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: US$12 - US$37
Cuisines: Belgian, European, French, Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, View, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Restaurant Pergola is a well hidden gem situated along a picturesque stretch of canal. We are specialized in regional cuisine where fish lovers as well as meat lovers find their liking. On sunny days we serve on our terrace overlooking the canal, on typical 'Belgian weather days' we welcome you in our romantic cellar on water level. We can organize to take your aperitif on the boat while touring the city and moor at the venue for an exquisite dinner.
“A romantic location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

This restaurant, with its terrace overlooking a canal, is in a superb setting for a romantic dinner. The staff are friendly and the meal well prepared and enjoyable. The restaurant has a good, if expensive, wine list.

Visited May 2014

• Korean first
Sittard, The Netherlands
“Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

The restaurant was half full but they had ran out of our first choice (lobster menu)
The starter was ok but very basic. Then the main came out and my steak was over cooked. I ordered medium rare it was more medium-well. They took it back with no arguments but of course my wife had finished her meal before I received my replacement. The dish came with vine tomatoes which were still cold from the fridge not even slightly grilled.
The desert was also disappointing. I ordered crime brûlée and it was like a vanilla milk with sugar on top. Very watery.
Overall - very disappointing, not worth the money and I wouldn't recommend

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Not worth the money...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Located in the basement of a hotel. Therefore view of the legs of people walking by... Shame in picturesque Bruges. The restaurant itself looks nice. Comfortable seating and nicely decorated. Unfortunately it is not possible to sit outside which is a real shame...
The menu looks good and wine options are good, but the service is terrible. The waiter was extremely arrogant. Furthermore the waiter had no clue of what he was "selling". He did not know how the food was prepared and upon asking the kitchen he could only repeat what was already stated on the menu (eg served with potatoes...)
The food was bland and not particularly exceptional, therefore not worth the money.
Our mood was not spoilt but did not meet out expectations.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
London
“Not Good Value For Money.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

This is a lovely location on the banks of the canal. The restaurant itself has a nice atmosphere and the service was good (notable exception later).
The food was good without being exceptional but our main douse of three was very small. The course was served on large (?12 inch) plates. My wife had a small piece of fish on the centre of her plate and a very few vegetables. I had 3 very small pieces of chicken about 2 inches round and 2 inches deep, four small potato halves and four very small mushrooms. These were placed on the very edge of my plate with a dash of green and red cheffie sauce. The food did not even cover one third of the plate leaving two thirds empty, making a small portion seem even smaller. My wife and I are not big eaters but even this was small by our standards. It would have been hard to tell if this was a starter or main course.

Excuse me now while I have a little rant. I asked for a glass of tap water and was told point blank that they would not serve it. If I wanted water I had to have bottled, which I grudgingly took. The cost of half a litre of bottled water was €5.00. A recent analyse of about 47 bottled waters showed that over 40 had more impurities that standard European tap water. So this is not sold for purity and I have long regarded the bottled water industry to be the biggest confidence trick imaginable. Added to this, petrol in the local filling station was about €1.80 a full litre. The price charged by this restaurant is a rip off.

I have no problem with the price of any meal, or part thereof, as long as I feel I have had value for money. I have paid £300.00 for a meal in Dubrovnik before now and been delighted with the value. This is not good value.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank BigJock7
Bruges, Belgium
“Good food, excellent service.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

We are on our honeymoon and were made to feel very welcomed by our excellent server, Suzanne. We enjoyed the escargot and the creme brûlée. The ambiance was very nice. The food was good but not excellent. Presentation was very nice.

• Visited December 2013