“Friendly service and great view”
Review of Pergola Kaffee

Pergola Kaffee
Ranked #400 of 796 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: US$7 - US$28
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, View, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Pergola is a well hidden gem situated along the canal. We are a wine and foodbar, serving tapas and streetfood style small dishes.
Reviewed 19 September 2018

We loved sitting here for a drink and snacks while in Bruges and came several times. The staff were very friendly and my dog was welcomed.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank 52lesley999

Reviewed 22 August 2018

This is definitely not a Tapas Bar but more of a drinks place with snacks. The location was pleasant in that one overlooks the canal, so my daughter and I decided to visit. We love Bruges and the warm friendly people and visit at least four times a year and the service is generally above average. Sadly, this establishment does not fall into the same category. We had a charming gentleman as our waitron (he is actually behind the bar in one of the photos). He was from Turkey and lovely to deal with being polite, friendly and welcoming. The food was really just a few dips and some dried out crackers they call flat breads! Mussels were not great either. My daughter went into the bar area and requested the dessert menu from another person as our waitron was busy. She was told in a very abrupt and condescending manner that "this is not a restaurant but a Tapas Bar and we do not serve dessert!!" She politely challenged him and said she had seen it on the menu earlier to which he replied "well that is only till 3pm and no later". Rather shaken by his rudeness she returned and we decided to get the bill and leave to go elsewhere for dessert. I went to pay the bill and found our lovely waitron again and asked if I could leave a separate tip for him as his service was wonderful however I would not want it to be pooled or shared with the other staff based on the rude attitude of the younger man. I suddenly heard a loud voice shout at me from right across the room basically saying my daughter was lying. I chose to ignore him despite the fact that he was now causing a scene in front of the other customers as well. I quietly requested the owners details from the waitron who served us and once again the "rude" other one shouted "the owner is my mother in law" basically laughing and smirking and intimating that it would do no good based on the fact that they are related as such. This individual I notice is also in one of the photos on this page standing opposite the lovely waitron in the photo. Never in all my years have I encountered such an arrogant, awful individual in the service industry. The mind boggles that he is even permitted to talk to customers let alone assist them! A really bad experience indeed and after leaving I made some enquiries, mentioning our ordeal and quite a few said they knew exactly who I was talking about and who spoke to us so badly. This place will not last long with this man in a managerial position as such. He should be banned from speaking to customers and they should possibly promote the lovely waitron we had to a position where he could help and train this staff member, showing him what good customer service is particularly towards those visiting your eatery and spending money to hopefully have a pleasant experience. Shame on you for not living up to the wonderful service and professionalism of all the other excellent places in this lovely city!

Reviewed 17 August 2018 via mobile

Poor service and they did not have half of the menu that was shown in front. Nice terrace but only good for drinks.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Great coffee, lovely place to grab something to eat and share some drinks during summer time!
Chill-house music and a relax ambience

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

Fantastic place and a must visit if you are in Bruges. Friendly staff and do try the salad ..it's huge and delightful. If you are not sure on what beer to try you can't go wrong with a Blanche. Very reasonably priced. You won't be disappointed.