“Perfect!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I'm generally picky and I eat out a lot but there was nothing to criticise here!

The restaurant is very pretty with some quirky and original decorative touches. The menu was in French and Flemmish and after a warm greeting we were asked if we needed a translation.

There was a great selection of dishes and it was difficult to choose because everything sounded so yummy! I had the biggest piece of foie gras I have ever seen in a restaurant followed by monkfish. Everything was beautifully presented and perfectly cooked.

I can't remember everything we had to eat and drink but I remember that I was full at the end and that the service was excellent and unhurried.

I thoroughly enjoyed my evening here and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. If you eat out only once in Bruges then pick Couvert.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Sorellina

London
“An amazing restaurant”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

We came across Couvert when walking along a street not too far from the hotel we stayed at - Martin’s Brugge. After looking at the menu & reading about it in our guide book plus looking up reviews on TripAdvisor, we decided to call up & booked a table for that night. We got the final table for that Saturday night & several people were turned away whilst we were there. So it’s well worth booking in advance.

The restaurant was full of mostly locals with only my boyfriend & myself plus another table of 4 being visitors to the city. The atmosphere was very welcoming and the front of house owner an inviting host. What noise there was in the restaurant was provided by the buzz of conversation from the tables. So if you like a venue which rocks to loud music, this is not the place for you. But, if you appreciate outstanding food, a well thought out interior and a quiet but warm & welcoming environment – this is definitely the place.

We chose the 3 course set menu with wine selected for us at 49 euros each and we both agreed it was amazing value. The quality of the food was outstanding throughout & the little extras provided such as a lovely intense amuse bouche of soup were delightful.

If you have a special occasion to celebrate whilst in Bruges we would strongly recommend Couvert.

• Visited June 2013
Hove, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

My boyfriend and I were recommended this restaurant by a member of staff at the hotel we were staying at. We booked earlier in the day and were not disappointed when we arrived later. It is a tiny intimate restaurant run by a husband and wife team. The service was excellent and the wine we had was delicious despite it being towards the bottom end of their prices. The food was cooked well and they didn't mind us sharing a starter and a dessert. They also give you an amuse bouche. It is a very romantic restaurant and I would definitely go back.

London, United Kingdom
“Superb!”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

We ate here to celebrate my mother in law's 70th birthday - and it was wonderful! We had the set menu and the service was perfect and the food totally delicious. Pudding was amazing! I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone.

ny
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Delicious food located on a side street. This was a great find. It was recommended by a local person. It is owned by a husband and wife and the husband is the chef. It is not a glitzy restaurant but rather quaint and cozy atmosphere. The food was the best we had in Bruges. By the way, all of the restaurants in Bruges were amazing. Restaurant Couvert is not too expensive and it is definitely worth dining here.