“What a delightful dinner”
Review of Bistro Den Huzaar

Bistro Den Huzaar
Reserve with
Bistro Den Huzaar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 742 Restaurants in Bruges
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2012

Just returned from Amsterdam and Bruges- and this was our favorite meal of the trip.
Charming decor, excellent menu and attentive staff...couldn't have had a more lovely evening!
We wanted to return the next night but when we arrived at 9pm they were no longer seating tables as they had "run out of food" (everything is homemade)...so we were out of luck!

1  Thank aloha555

Reviewed 20 June 2012

Very good french-style food. Wines are ok, and the place is really nice and cosy, located just in the centre of bruges. A gem!

Reviewed 19 June 2012

Visited following reading good reviews on Trip Advisor, and we weren't disappointed. The staff are polite and helpful and the food very good. I had the pork, beer and cherry cassserole which I was told is a traditional dish and my son had the steak. We were full after our main courses and couldn't manage a dessert....sadly.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

Once you get to terms with the lack of warmth of the waitress - defenitely a cultural trait of the "pays" - just relax and enjoy an excellent meal. We had a steak and frites ( perfect) and a Canard ( delicious). Portions are big enough for you to skip starters and/or deserts. We had both crème brulé, very, very good.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

The only time I have had a lobster this small was in America and it was specially flown in from Australia. Then I had to have two. But it wasn't expensive and it tasted good, what there was of it. As for the rest of the meals - there were a dozen of us including two five year olds - and the meals were mixed with mixed receptions from very, very good to very, very ordinary( the chicken vol au vent as a main course were disappointing) but the kids, with just one choice, ate their chips and meat balls with absolute relish, especially enjoying the sauce, unusual in itself. The beers, as ever, were good and the choice of wine, which accounted for a quarter of the bill, was fairly extensive. I waited all night for a disaster as there were only two waitresses for what I reckoned was about 60 clientele but somehow they coped by the skin of their teeth and deserved their tip. Would I return? I doubt it but it served its purpose on the night.
thewriter