“Excellent dinner and would definitely return”
Review of RESTAURANT WILLEMIJN - CLOSED

RESTAURANT WILLEMIJN
Price range: US$27 - US$34
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Another great restaurant in Bruges which I would recommend. Food and service were great.
There are so many good restaurants in Bruges and this one is no exception.
Definitely worth a visit. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank peter_mm_10

Reviewed 3 January 2014

We went for the set menu and every part was delicious with each plate causing food envy with each other. The pace of the meal was just right with time to savour each course and pause for conversation. Definitely worth booking if you want a meal that gives you a flavour of Bruges and Belgium.

2  Thank traatki
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I dined here on 22nd December and had a lovely experience. I chose the €55 option, which included an aperitif, half bottle of wine and coffee. No complaints whatsoever, except that I wished I had a biger stomach because I couldn't eat it all!!!

The owners are very friendly. I was on my own and appreciated being included in the conversation they were having with other guests.

Reviewed 11 December 2013

We booked this table in advance as we knew December in Bruges would be busy. We were a party of 6 and this restaurant was only 8 minutes walk from the IBIS Centrum Hotel. We ate off the 55 Euro menu that was great value as it included any aperitif followed by half a bottle of wine per person (red/white or rose) starter, main course, sweet, coffee. There were several choices for each course. Attention to detail was second to none, the food fabulous and fresh. The atmosphere in the small restaurant was homely with all tables talking with each other and we were made to feel very welcome by both the mother and daughter who run the place and by the local customers who eat there regularly. Nothing was too much trouble I will be going again and urging my friends to go when they visit Bruges.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

This restaurant is a little out of the centre, but was well worth the 15 minute walk from the Markt. We received a warm welcome, and the place was nicely set out and looked good. We ate from the 28 euro menu, and were well impressed by the quality and quantity of the food. Soooo much better than eating in the tourist trap restaurants in the Markt and close to the centre of the town. Obviously the locals appreciate that too - nearly all other voices in the place were Flemish. The nice touches were appreciated - like the amuse bouches at the start and the chocs and cake with the coffee at the end. No need for a dessert! Be aware though - they only take cash - no cards accepted, which almost caught us out. Definitely worth five stars though!