“Lovely B&B in Brugge”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bruges
Baert Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #144 of 232 Bruges B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Ideally situated at walking distance (less than 15 min) from the train station, the beguinage and the main square in the old city, Baert is found in a very quiet street just next to the concert hall (Concertgebouw). Comfortable room, nice breakfast and warm welcome, can't imagine anything better.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sndre

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We stayed in the Golden room which was beautifully clean and comfortable with a lovely little terrace to sit out overlooking the canal. The room has a private shower room across the hall, but robes are provided so this did not cause us a problem. The breakfast was fantastic with a selection of cooked meat and cheese, yogurt, cereal, jams and the best peanut butter I've ever tasted, and with a different selection every day. There are different teas and coffees and the most wonderful fresh orange juice every morning. The pretty place settings are changed on a daily basis too. I've only just found out from other reviews that Huub bakes the bread himself. I wish I'd known, I would have asked for his recipes! Just one thing.. There appears to be no 'servicing' of the rooms during the stay, no problem for us though. All in all very comfortable and enjoyable stay, We'll definitely be back!

Room Tip: Red room en suite bathroom, Golden room - private shower room across the hall..
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sally N
Reviewed 16 October 2012

Bruges was our final destination on our two month trip around Europe. How fortunate we were to find this amazing bed and breakfast. Based on trip advisor reviews, I booked this charming accommodation and we were not disappointed.
Huub was there to greet us and showed us around the oriental red room. There were complimentary drinks, fruit and of course wifi.
A beautiful room with a little balcony right on the canal.
Breakfast was always a highlight of our day. A different, sweet, table setting every morning, with freshly baked bread, freshly squeezed orange juice, warm croissant, meats, cheeses, tea coffee and so much more.
Haru was a darling and loved getting his belly rubbed.
Thankyou Huub for sharing your beautiful home with us. I hope we can come back again one day soon, and will certainly love to stay with you again.....

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nonnacookbooker
Reviewed 5 October 2012

My wife and I spent five days here, and let me say that I would have given it six stars if possible. We always stay at B&Bs when we can, and based on past experience (and Trip Advisor) we always expect a certain “experience”. This varies in each instance of course, but every once in a while you find a B&B that goes above and beyond. The Baert B&B was one of those for us.

We stayed in the red room, and I would almost call it a suite. The bedroom/sitting area was very good size and the bathroom was very large, with a nice walk-in shower. We were able to peek in the golden room one day as it was between guests. It is also very nice, but smaller, and I believe the toilet may have been out in the hall. The red room would definitely be my first choice if you stay here. Both rooms open onto a small patio that sits right above one of the smaller canals. This is a great spot to just relax and have a drink. There were occasionally ducks on the canal and on our first night there was even a swan that came right over to us.

Huub is a wonderful host and a pleasure to talk with. He was always very helpful with our daily plans, including a side-trip to Ghent, and even verified train departure times for us as we left on a Sunday morning, which gave us fewer options. Breakfast was a real treat each morning with fresh orange juice and at least two kinds of fresh bread baked by Huub, as well as the usual selection of meats, cheeses, croissants, etc. We were also amazed each morning when the table was set with a new setting of china, with matching placemats, napkins, etc. It’s very obvious that he takes great pride in caring for his guests.

Room Tip: The golden room looks nice, but I would definitely book the red room if it is available.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WhereAreWe?
Reviewed 12 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here in June 2012 and had a wonderful stay there. We were in the red room which was very nice with a little terrasse overlooking a small canal behind the house. Huub is a wonderful host and he baked fresh bread for us regularly. I have a wheat intolerance so he found spelt flour and baked delicious bread with that! The breakfast table was always beautifully laid out. Whenever we had questions he was very helpful. The location is great. It's near the train station and near the centrum but a it's a quiet retreat when you've had enough of walking. I would certainly stay here again and recommend it to anyone visiting Bruges.

Room Tip: The red room has a toilet and shower and the white room doesn't - washroom is outside the room...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank OttawaFeather
Reviewed 11 July 2012

We stayed in this gorgeous B&B for a week whilst I attended a conference at the nearby conference centre and we didn't want to leave! Like all previous reviews stated, the breakfast was amazing, the red room very pretty and had everything we needed (also the various coffees/teas/beer/wine) and Haru is the cutest little doggie in the world!

Unfortunately we didn't get to meet Huub & Jeannine, but Marianne stood in for them and was a fabulous host! She gave us recommendations for restaurants as well as where to find the best beer and chocolates.

I really enjoyed staying here, and would go back in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: I never saw the yellow/golden room, but the red room has it's own bathroom, which is very nice.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank MarilizeBurger
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Baert is a stylish B and B in a restored 17th century stable that belonged to a convent. They offer two bright rooms, one has a private ensuite in the room and the other has a private ensuite down the hall. Both rooms are nice but smallish. Bopth rooms have private trerraces that catch the sun.
The B and B is delightful and each morning a good breakfast is served. The B and B is within walking distance of the train station and central market and Belfry. They can provide many suggestions on where to eat and what to do. We tried two of their suggestion, Vand Den Loppper and Belle Epoque, both were good. The b and b has a fridge in the room and they offer you a free Brugges beer on arrival and send you on your way with a sampling of Belgian chocolates. An excellent place to stay for a memorable experience!. We would go back!

Room Tip: Both rooms are nice , ask for the room with the ensuite in the room
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple