“Stay away”

Brussels, Belgium
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Stay away”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Very bad quality food. Charged differently than the catalog prices. The modicum steak that I ordered came totally raw covered in sauce. Then they cut it in the middle and cooked it again. It become like plastic.

1 Thank Panos345

• Hungarian first
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
“Good food - lacking in service quality”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

¬¬¬We have visited Bruges many many times and this is the first time that we have eaten in this particular restaurant. It appears to specialise in fish dishes and in fairness, the quality the food was not in question. The service however was both surly and unattentive with both waitresses displaying no interest at all in being there or wanting to do their job. In comparison to similar restaurants both were scruffy and unprofessional in appearance and attitude. The restaurant however did manage to surprise us ... it doesn't accept credit cards: a major issue on the last day of our holiday with a C100 euro bill necessitating a mad rush to a cash point.

In summary, the city is not short of attentive and good quality restaurants at this kind of price. I will be choosing one of the alternatives in the future.

• Visited August 2013
“Underwhelming at first but a lovely pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 5 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had our first dinner in Bruges at Petite Maison. It was very nice to sit outside although not in the most picturesque part of town. We ordered a special dinner deal: the two options were soup of the day & steak and chips or lemon sole and chips & coffee or ice cream for dessert. Although the soup tasted like nothing more than s dissolved stock cube, we both ordered the steak option which was absolutely delicious! A nice cut of rump cooked to our requirements with a generous portion of chips and salad. The ice cream was simple vanilla with whipped cream-simple yet perfectly adequate.

I would recommend petite maison if you are looking for satisfying tasty food on a small budget.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank universal52
Paris, France
“Expensive and pure thief”
Reviewed 28 December 2012

Very well situated near all touristic small restaurants but very bad food and customers' orders not respected though a long, very long waiting time : we ordered 2 vols au vent, 2 omelets with ham and cheese and one menu. We had to wait 30 minutes and finally, we received : vols au vent without chicken meat (only mushrooms in a bechamel sauce), 1 omelet without cheese and ham,
1 omelet with ham (no cheese) but not cooked on the top : when we asked for what we ordered, they took back the not cooked omelet, let the other one (without ham and cheese) on the table and came back 10 minutes after with a recooked omelet covered with grated cheese not cooked.!!!!.. very difficult with a microwave..!! we refused any further meats or beverages..
Finally, they brought the bill without any deduction and even, they bill food as if they brought the good one though we explained to them what was our feeling about their food...TO AVOID absolutely

• Visited December 2012
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“Average for the area”
Reviewed 4 September 2012

As I wrote on another review for a Bruges restaurant, they all are about the same in service, food, and price (except higher in the city center). Our hotel recommended the Petite Maison due to their seafood and the owner (who they said that a fisherman's daughter ran the restaurant).

My wife and daughters all had the mussels, which were good, but (again) on-par in quality, quantity, and price with others in the area. I had the Dover sole rolls, which were very good and the sauce was excellent.

What makes my review a 3 instead of a four was the service. It was slower than other restaurants and inattentive. I asked to pay three times. When I finally got ready to pay (for four people, and including beers) they THEN told me that their machine was broken, after I had asked when we arrived if they accepted credit cards. My suspicion is that the machine was not broken but that they did not want to pay the credit card processing fee. I cannot confirm that, but I am disappointed that they did not tell us up-front.

Visited September 2012