“a whole new steak experience”
Review of El Churrasco

El Churrasco
Ranked #38 of 713 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: US$17 - US$45
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The restaurant is located in the luxurious hotel of J.K. Place in Capri Italy.
Grantham, England, United Kingdom
“a whole new steak experience”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Argentinian - style steak house in Bruges (Brugge). Interesting Gaucho decor. Excellent meat and cooked exactly as ordered. Argentinian grill method is very tasty. Staff very stretched but service did not suffer as a result. Pricey but not by Bruges standards. I would go back and try the mixed grill!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Twopan

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Exactly what I expected after reading reviews”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Turning up at 2.45 when the sign said lunch 12 till 3 and the restaurant looking full I wasn't hopeful about getting a table, luckily I was very wrong we were greeted with a big smile and welcomed in shown to a table and left with the menus. At no time did I feel rushed and others who came in after us were welcomed as happily.
We chose from the set price lunch menu choosing the mixed grill, everything was cooked to perfection and they didn't seem to have skimped on anything, we drank house red (it was just what I expected an easy drinking red) and fizzy water (the water being the only thing I felt was over priced as it was throughout Brugge). We left after 4 pm still not being rushed and still with others inside, vowing to return for an evening meal later in the week.
We did return on our last night and were welcomed in like old friends, again the meal was superb we had the 22 euro mixed grill and was astonished to find it was even larger than the set lunch grill arriving on an mini BBQ with everything succulent and cooked to perfection.
The next morning we found my husband had left his sunglasses in the restaurant, we called in to inquire if they had been found and after going out of their way to make calls to the manager they were located and returned...nothing seems to much trouble for the staff.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Helga G
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Nice Staff.Lovely Steaks. Would Go Again. Great Night.”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Five of us ate there. Steaks were great. Had fillet cooked really rare just like I asked for. Pepper sauce was nice, a bit hotter than usual European pepper sauce but ok for me. Expensive like everywhere in Bruges. About 25 or 28€ for the steak. Would go again happily.

• Visited May 2014
Perth, Australia
“First class meal!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Excellent atmosphere with polite and friendly service. We loved the decor of this charming restaurant and had a wonderful dining experience. We were served a complimentary selection of dipping sauces with lovely fresh bread when we arrived. My partner and I both ordered the mixed grill (€22 p.p) and were not disappointed! The portions were a good size with chips, salad and corn included. The meat was cooked to perfection- by far one of the best steaks I've ever had!

Visited July 2014
Uk
“Not only for meat lovers!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We try to visit this lovely restaurant each time we manage a few days in Bruges - perhaps once a year for the past few years. We are always welcomed like long-lost friends by the waiting staff and this year we were shown to 'our' table on arrival! My husband relishes the great meat served here (and if Argentinian meat is not great there must be a problem!). However, I look forward to the vegetarian platter - really filling and totally delicious. How can anyone say that a corn cob, a baked potato, grilled red peppers, French beans, grilled courgettes (I have forgotten the rest of the items that filled my plate) would not be a satisfying meal? Great food, great staff, great atmosphere and lovely Malbec to drink too!

We look forward to our next visit.

• Visited June 2014