“Perfect!”

Bruges Ballooning
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The most romantic and adventurous way to discover Bruges is undoubtedly by hot air balloon. Bruges Ballooning offers, in exclusive co-operation with the city of Bruges, balloon flights over the centre of Bruges. Daily departures at sunrise and 2 hours before sunset. A one-hour balloon trip takes you over the city of Bruges, and it's wonderful surrounding castles and fields. Champagne and hotel pick-up are included.Bruges Ballooning ofrece, en cooperacion exclusiva con la ciudad de Brujas, vuelos en globo aerostatico sobre en centro de Brujas. Salidas diarios al amanecer o en la tarde. Un vuelo magico de una hora sobre la ciudad medieval y los campos y castillos de los alrededores. Champagne y servicio e transporte desde su hotel incluido.
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Amazing overhead tour of castles, countryside, Bruges, and Damme. Floating in the balloon was surreal, and our pilot expertly directed our flight. We landed in a field, helped pack up, then enjoyed champagne and great company (including the farmer) before being returned to our hotel. This was the best part of our (overall wonderful)time in Bruges. Would go again - highly recommend!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Unexpectedly, I explored Bruges by air before foot! Call it nick of time, I booked on May 5 @4pm for May 6 flight. Thanks to Viber Christophe was able to reach my Singapore number to tell me I can only fly May 5 night itself since the next days would be windy and rainy. True enough, I witnessed the bad weather :| So sad for those who got their flight cancelled, but just trust the company when it says it's not safe to fly. I love the journey - it was calm and there's a feeling of indescribable joy. Passengers were mostly locals, Christophe said it seldom happens, most of the passengers are tourist like me. It brought different experience to mingle with locals, they are warm and friendly and I got a lot of European kisses and handshakes after the champagne :) I wish Christophe and his team more fine weather. Cheers!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

We booked this trip for the morning of my birthday, and thankfully the weather was great for it. We were picked up at the hotel by Michael and the went on to pick up the Pilot Peter and went on to the take off site. All this by 7 am!

It was interesting to see how the Balloon was inflated and al the bits were attached, we attempted to help here and there but mostly just watched and too photos!

The whole time Peter and Michael explained what was happening and what was going to happen, a lot of planning was involved to ensure we would eventually fly over the middle of Bruges.

And then once in the air - amazing! We had a beautiful morning and a clear day. The scenery was stunning and it was so peaceful (the occasional 'whoosh' from the burners and dogs barking!). Again, Peter explained everything including why we were flying at certain heights which made even the nervous flyer amongst us feel safe. It was a truly magical experience.

Then.. the landing was great fun, 20 metres of drag I believe! And what better way to end the experience by standing in a sunny field drinking copious amounts of champagne (they don't skimp on it) and eating delicious pastries? We were back in the hotel by around 10 am, half sizzled and very happy! I cant recommend Bruges Ballooning enough - thank you

1  Thank Jopy
Reviewed 16 March 2014

My girlfriend booked this as a 30th Birthday present for whilst we were in Bruges. At first i wasn't too sure but thought it would be a memorable way to mark the Birthday Celebrations... and i'm so glad we did. The night before we got the go ahead. We were met by the very friendly Michael at our hotel the following morning and taken to the launch site. The rest of the crew were already there making checks, all very friendly and professional. Once in the basket and up over Bruges the views were breathtaking. After landing Michael, Christophe and the the crew took us for Champagne and pastries. I really cant recommend these guys enough, they made the experience truly special and it's one we will never forget. If your visiting Bruges at any point make sure you put this at the top of your to do list!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

What a better place to take my first hot air balloon ride - over the very historic and picturesque Bruges. I must admit I was apprehensive but amazingly once we were up in the air, the nervousness went and I just thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The views were spectacular and you saw much more than you'd ever see any other way.

We had a fun landing in a newly harvested field and then had a lovely glass of champagne and watched the sunset.

The ballooning crew were very professional and the pilot Christophe really new what he was doing (thankfully). We also got to help (or hinder) in setting up and also dismantling the balloon.

Overall, a magic experience and one I'd highly recommend. OK so its a little expensive but so is everything that's a little bit out of the ordinary

2  Thank KayLG