“Delightful host, delicious food”
Review of Passion For Food

Passion For Food
Ranked #119 of 768 Restaurants in Bruges
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had a wonderful lunch here. I'm a vegetarian and my son eats meat. I had delectable lentil soup and a fantastic salad. The flavors were interesting and appealing, but not overdone. My son's lamb tajine with couscous was tender and tasty and a generous portion. The owner was friendly and personable. He did some magic tricks and then showed my son how to do them. In a town full of tourist traps, this restaurant stands out as a friendly haven with excellent food.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

Wonderful home-cooked food and excellent service... I would highly recommend this place to anyone looking for tasty, fresh and reasonably-priced food in Bruges. The service was friendly and unpretentious. This was by far the best meal we had during our trip to Bruges.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I visited Brugge with my girlfriend for new year 2014. We enjoyed great food all over the city but one lunch time we were really craving something different from the other restaurants/Belgium food on offer and so stumbled across passion for food. The owner was very personable and went on to talk about the dishes we had ordered etc as I was interested in trying to recreate the amazing moussaka I had. The meat in the dish was so sensitively flavoured it was delicious and more of a middle eastern deconstructed version of the classic style which I am now making at home . My girlfriend had a very fresh tasting broth and vegetable type main course which was also very good (But I would definitely recommend the moussaka!) Thanks for a lovely lunch. Paul (27yrs Brighton UK)

1  Thank Paul1523
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Good value, excellent food and top service. Very friendly & welcoming especially for families with children. Highly recommended, the food is very tasty.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

After days of strong beer, frites, Fillet steak, omelettes and ice cream, my girlfriend suggested something fresh...
This was an excellent find, lovely simple decor, very friendly and welcoming host and superb food!
She had freshly prepared salad and feta cheese which looked like an amazing riot of colour and I chanced my first ever Tagine with chicken, apricots, spices and pasta. Delicious.

Value was good and we will be going back!

1  Thank mad-earwig