3,849 results
All reviewscar liftnew sectionwellness centreolder partexecutive rooml'occitane productslovely hotelhigh ceilingsthe main squaresister hotelsteam roompublic roomshotel barperfect locationseparate showercanal view roomhot and cold food
Reviewed 10 February 2014

Grand Hotel Casselbergh what a fantastic hotel, it is a must if stopping in Bruges.We would not consider stopping at any other hotel.I have stopped at many special hotels but this is the full package.
Never rushed or moved on breakfast lasted a very happy hour eating and people watching.
Great bar man always had a smile and the hotel is so clean!Had the pleasure to meet the general manager on the last day and he could not have been nicer.
Take my advice book a room you will not regret it!

Room Tip: Only B&B but go to The Park Restaurant for a special meal. A very quiet hotel and very clean! and i am fussy.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank TamworthGaynor
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We booked this hotel as part of a deal with Secret Escapes so you never know what you're going to get. When we arrived I couldn't believe our luck, the building is old and beautiful and has been modernised tastefully. Eveything is brand new and plush and the finish is immaculate. Our room had a view of the canal which was lovely and the location is central a 2 minute walk to the main square whilst being away from the tourist hussle and bustle and tacky neon lights of the square.

The breakfast was superb, a huge choice and a lovely dining room to enjoy it in. The staff were very friendly and efficient. Get in now before they get 5 stars and the prices go up.

I could not recommend this hotel more highly. We will definitely come again and thought Bruges was just a fantastic city.

Room Tip: The view of the canal is very picturesque and very quiet.
2  Thank Kruger17
Reviewed 10 February 2014

As someone who's generally averse to large, bland hotels, I was pleasantly surprised by this one. It feels calm and understated, but the rooms are a good size, quiet, spotlessly clean and comfortable, and the bathrooms are fantastic. Great for a romantic weekend retreat with your other half.

Initially we were a bit let down by the smell of sewage outside the hotel entrance, but we soon realised that must of Bruges smells like that...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kenny M
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I booked this hotel because it was part of package deal through the Eurostar website so I wasn't sure if it was going to be any good. Thankfully i had nothing to worry about.
When we got into Bruges we got a taxi to the hotel because we didn't want to get lost. When we got dropped off at the hotel entrance we thought we were in the wrong place. The hotel entrance with the glass doors makes you know that your in for a good stay.
Check in was easy and when we got to our room we were pleasantly surprised with its size. The bathroom was very spacious, as was the bedroom plus the beds are so comfortable we found it very difficult to get out of bed.
The breakfast in the morning has a wide range to choose from and is of a good quality.
The hotels location is superb, everything is so easy to walk too as you couldn't be any more central without being in Markt.
We had the best stay in Bruges and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who goes.

Room Tip: I would say upgrade to from a standard room as the increase in cost is minimal but the room is well worth it.
1  Thank Daniel J
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This is the best hotel I've ever stayed at and I stay away a lot through work and weekends away. Very quiet but dead centre of town just around the corner from the main square. The rooms have the wow factor and the bed was the biggest I've ever slept in. Much bigger than our king at home. Both bed and pillows were the most comfortable I've ever experienced. Breakfast was great. Don't consider any other hotel in Bruges. You won't get better than this.

4  Thank Johngarethmellor