3,872 results
All reviews car lift new section wellness centre older part executive room l'occitane products lovely hotel high ceilings the main square sister hotel steam room public rooms hotel bar perfect location separate shower canal view room hot and cold food
Reviewed 20 February 2014

I had originally booked my night in Brugges at the Dukes Palace and was really looking forward to it, as it looked a really lovely hotel from the photos and comments on Tripadvisor. To my disappointment, I received an email from the hotel saying it was going to be closed for renovations during the period of my stay. As an alternative they offered me an upgraded room at the Casselbergh. I was a bit reluctant at first as the Dukes is a five star property and the Casselbergh is a four star, but I decided to accept the offer anyone.
The Casselbergh though, was a pleasant surprise! The property is very pretty and cozy, consisting of adjacent historical buildings and a modern anex which blends harmoniously with the rest of the city. The room I was offered was on the top floor, and probably one of the best and biggest rooms in the hotel. I only missed a bigger television, but nobody goes to Brugges to be stuck on the TV, right? The one thing I didn't like much about the room was that is was a bit chilly, specially in the bathroom area.
The Casselbergh is located in the heart of the city, it is even better located than the Dukes Palace.

In time: The best rooms are located on the top floor and have no elevator access. I don't know if the hotel has bellboy service, but it was not offered to me, so I had to carry my luggage up a few flights of stairs to reach the room. That was not a problem for me, but can be an inconvenience for people with reduced mobility or heavy luggage.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the stairs, head to the top floor!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank RodrigoHueb
Reviewed 20 February 2014

This hotel has been perfect for our 5 night stay. Conveniently located a few meters from the Markt, we couldn't be better placed. A very spacious and clean room with a very large comfy bed. Big clean modern En suite with large walk in shower. We booked inclusive of breakfast which was the usual buffet style that good hotels do these days. Excellent quality and high standards along with very friendly helpful staff. Will most definately recommend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank HRGuruPreston_Lancs
Reviewed 19 February 2014

What a beautiful, elegant hotel! It really does look like a castle in the city. We arrived in Bruges on Christmas Eve to find a rainy dreary city. We took a short cab ride to the Grand Hotel Casselbergh and our mood quickly lightened. The public spaces of the hotel were open, inviting and beautifully decorated for Christmas. We enjoyed an evening cocktail in the bar every evening of our 3 night stay. We had 2 rooms adjacent to one another in the old building which was perfect for our family of 5 (3 twenty somethings shared one room). The rooms were large with a large chandelier suspended above the bed - very elegant. Wonderfully cozy comfortable beds with luxurious bedding. The marble bathrooms were spacious with a separate shower and wonderful amenities.
Breakfast each morning was delicious. A large buffet had a huge variety of foods - hot and cold for the international clientele. Coffee, tea and hot chocolate were served at the table. We were delighted that gluten free bread was quickly served when we asked for it. Belgium as a whole is not a great place for celiacs, so we were so very grateful that the Grand Hotel Casselbergh could start us out with a good breakfast.
The hotel is well located so we could easily come and go. Bruges is a magical town. We had so much rain in our 2 weeks in Europe, but we awoke on Christmas day to a beautiful sunny sky. It was our first Christmas away from home but the Grand Hotel Casselbergh was so warm and inviting; a perfect home away from home. We had a fantastic holiday in Bruges in large part due to the Grand Hotel Casselbergh.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rebecca M
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I have stayed in the Cassleburgh before but this time we were staying elsewhere but decided to pop in for a drink. I still think that this is one of the best places to have a drink in Bruges, particularly if you want a nightcap, a baileys to finish off the evening, if you will!
The reason I'm not giving it 5 stars and I always notice this, is that I always feel that the poor girl is rushed off her feet in the bar. People are unsure whether it's table service? Or you go to the bar etc? The surroundings ooze quality but all it takes is a table of four asking for coffees and a glass of tap water (yes I know, why bother?) and the poor girl struggles to keep up.
It's such a charming place to visit, I just wish that management would actually give the staff a little helping hand so they can provide 5 star service within a 5 star setting.
Please hit 'like' if this review was helpful at all. :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank btsmith_uk
Reviewed 19 February 2014

This was a one night stay, with 2 days spent exploring Bruges, with 4 adults travelling. The Grand Hotel, Casselburgh is just a few yards down a side street from the main square and in right in the heart of Bruges. The city is a must see, it is absolutely stunning, really beautiful.

The hotel is gorgeous, can appreciate why it is a 4 star rating. It's extremely clean, stylish and very classic. We've recently stayed at a couple of English manor houses, which were much more expensive, so to compared to this hotel, it is fantastic value for money. The breakfast was amazing, so much to chose from and as much as you like, very tasty and fresh.

We must also give a mention to Bart, the barmen, who provided a tremendous service and cocktails, great sense of humour!

Will definitely be going back and will be booking this hotel again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple