“Loved the tub!”

Grand Hotel Casselbergh Bruges
Ranked #13 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 12 April 2014

The hotel is lovely. Staff very nice. We were here three nights as part of a pre-trip to a river cruise. European hotels seem to all take two single bed and put them together which for a couple is not too great. However as the title of my review says, I love the large tubs which allow my 5'6" body to luxuriously soak. Sparking clean room and bath. I don't know what our tour company paid so it's hard for me to determine value, but normally they tried to find something not outrageously expensive but very nice. Breakfast choices were ok..nothing special. Very good location

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,662)

Reviewed 11 April 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Casselbergh for one night on the 23rd March. Unfortunately I was unwell when we arrived to check-in with a bad case of flu. The check-in time is 3 pm and as we arrived at 11.00 am, I was a bit concerned about where I could rest. We asked for an early check-in and we received it for 12 noon, I was extremely pleased as all I wanted to do was rest. We also received a late check-out on departure for no extra cost. The reception team were excellent and asked how I felt throughout my stay.

The hotel itself is in an excellent location, near the main centre.

The rooms are immaculate, with a gorgeous bathroom and lovely complimentary l'occitane toiletries.

We had a room overlooking the canal which was very picturesque and calm. Bruges is a lovely city and I would have no hesitation in staying at the Casselbergh again.

The reception team went above and beyond to help which I really appreciated. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the canal are lovely and very quiet.
1  Thank LindaH078
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights in mid-March while on vacation and really enjoyed our stay. We stayed in a deluxe room (if you get this ask for a room with the beams when checking in or they will put you in another room which we did not like nearly as much) which was very roomy and charming. The Wi-Fi was a little weak on the 3rd floor so a few nights we came down to the lobby to send email/make phone calls. The reception desk was helpful and always able to make us reservations or recommendations for daily meals and activities. The breakfast buffet was included with our stay and was very standard, but still a good way to start each morning. The location can't be beat at it is a 2-minute walk from the main square and canals.

1  Thank greg_nyc1
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights while in Bruges for a conference.
Perfect location.
Very close to the Belfry, Basilica of the Holy Blood, Markt area, and right on a canal.
Very nice hotel. Ask for a room facing the canal.....postcard view!!
Excellent breakfast, which was included in my room rate. Eggs, salmon, cheeses, breads, croissants, coffee, juices.
Internet access of course and 2 computers in the lobby area to use as well.
I would definitely stay here again. Very quiet. Comfortable rooms and bed. Nice rainfall shower and tub as well.

Room Tip: Canal view room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed at the Grand Hotel Casselbergh, Bruges for a couple of nights and had a really good stay. The hotel is beautiful and well located. Staff were friendly and helpful. We opted to not pay the €25 for breakfast and went to a great local coffee bar - kaffe brasilia - instead. The room was immaculate as was the hotel in general. The fitness/wellness area was clean & well appointed. Parking on site was a definite bonus. Hotel bar was very reasonably priced.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathrynebrown1
Reviewed 4 April 2014

An exceptional hotel where nothing is too much trouble for the really pleasant and helpful staff. The hotel is perfectly situated in the centre and the public rooms are absolutely beautiful. We travelled with Riviera, a first class company who have excelled themselves in their choice of hotel. Our room was spacious, very comfortable and well equipped. There was an excellent choice of either hot or cold buffet for breakfast and, in our opinion, this should be rated 5 star as it easily achieves its 4 star status. It is the only hotel to stay in on a visit to Bruges and we shall certainly be returning. Thank you for making us feel so welcome.

Room Tip: Whenever we travel we prefer to stay in the main hotel building, which in this case would have been...
2  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We really enjoyed our 2 night stay here and would recommend it to anyone.

2 in our party have walking difficulties so the ground floor rooms just a few steps up were much appreciated. These rooms were in the modern part of the building- not as light as I would like but otherwise fine -very nicely decorated, clean modern bathroom and altogether very comfortable.

The bar and lounge area was very relaxing - great to have a drink here before the short walk to one of the local restaurants in the evening. Waiters very professional - and we loved the unusual nibbles served with the drinks.

We couldn't fault the breakfast. Delicious freshly squeezed orange juice and spoilt for choice with fresh fruit, light pastries and the usual array of cold meats & cheeses plus well cooked bacon,scrambled eggs etc.

The trip was a special treat for my sister and niece,and both really loved it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family