“Veggie Heaven”

Ranked #308 of 761 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: US$2 - US$25
Cuisines: Fast food
Dining options: Takeout
Description: THE place to be for anyone: You eat meat, fish, cicken: check You are vegetarian/vegan: check You are allergic or intolerant to gluten, wheat, soy, lactose, eggs, nuts......: Ckeck You are allergic and vegan: check We serve real Belgium fries, snacks, burgers, fingerfoods, homemade sauces, salads...
Reviewed 6 December 2012

The place to be for vegetarians and vegans (and for meat eaters as well) who crave some good fried food. Veggie choices are plentiful : all kinds of burgers, spring rolls, sausages ... you name it, they have it, including a gluten free option. Make sure to try the delicious home made mayonnaise or vegannaise.
The fries are good and served in big portions. You wont leave this place hungry :-)

The place is very tidy and the service is great. There is some indoor seating for those who want it, but most people tend to take their food home.

Great place overall !

4  Thank Food L

Reviewed 5 September 2012

We visited here for the second year. I still had the simple menu but plenty of Vegan food and chips fried in veg oil. Unfortunately only 5 seats to eat in

3  Thank Gordon E
Reviewed 26 August 2012

On my visit here with my boyfriend, who is not a vegetarian, I was shocked to find that my boyfriend's meat burger and my veggie burger were put into the same wrapper.
As a result of the owner putting the two burgers and chips into the same wrapper, my boyfriend and I were unable to distinguish which burger was vegetarian and which was not. As elementary a distinction as this sounds we could not tell between the two, as both seemed to have quite a similar appearance.
I only realised that I had taken a bite from what was supposed to be my boyfriend's meat burger when he snatched it out of my hand, having realised himself that he was eating the chilli vegetarian burger I had ordered.
I think that it is wholly problematic that neither a vegetarian nor a carnivore could distinguish between meat and veggie burgers, which, unacceptably, had been wrapped together and thus cross-contaminated.
Furthermore, on informing the owner of the premises of this unacceptable error, I barely received a coherent apology. I would call on the proprietor to change her food preparation methods, so that such upset and anxiety is never caused again, and furthermore on future customers, vegetarian or otherwise, to be vigilant in the face of potential cross-contamination. A bar aimed
primarily at vegetarian customers should have taken this risk much more seriously.

3  Thank Jenmaloney
Reviewed 2 January 2011

Being vegan, I always prepare myself beforehand when visiting any city, since -unfortunately- not all places can prepare a dish for me. I found a fair few places on the net to visit in Brugges, although they were all closed for xmas.
My last choice (only because it was further away) was Royal Frituur. In fact, I read that they had a vegan menu (all the others were vegetarian).
I was lucky and the place was open.
The owner was very nice and explained my choices in english with no problem.
For you to have an idea, a burger is around 3e, +0.5e if you want it with bread. You can also have fries (2e, 2.5e and 2.75e for small, medium and large).
They have as well a nice variety of drinks, and a gluten free choice for food.
It's about 15-20min walk from city centre, and the buses 6 or 16 will take you there.

Just to point it out, this is not really a restaurant, but a take away of sorts. There are 4 or 5 seats with a bit of space to eat, although most of the people take their food with them.

I still wonder why such a place serves dead animals also, it could be so much better. But still, I'd visit it again, it deserves praise.

8  Thank Lomedin
Reviewed 27 May 2010

Vegetarian and carnivore options -- the most vegetarian options I have ever seen, I wish I could have tried them all! I really can't put into words how much we enjoyed it!

My husband ordered the sunflower burger, mine was a risotto (??). Both were phenomenal -- homemade mayo, fresh lettuce and tomato. Fries topped with more homemade mayo.

We were even able to "rent" a blanket to take to the windmills just around the corner (for 20 euro deposit). Returning the blanket we bought fresh strawberries for dessert, I dont know if they are home grown but they sure tasted like it!

The owner was very friendly, you can tell she runs her business with love. She spoke great English, explaining the entire menu to us very patiently.

HIGHLY recommend. Probably the most memorable meal of our 10 day trip to Europe!

4  Thank halfofvamh