“Rude & threatening owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of La Buena Vista

La Buena Vista
Ranked #231 of 706 Restaurants in Bruges
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Great local's restaurant/bar with reasonable prices. Food is excellent. We ate there twice and enjoyed their fish dishes and chili con carne.
Sandwich, United Kingdom
“Rude & threatening owner”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

My husband and I dined here on March 18th. The owner/chef droned on at great length about how wonderful and inspirational his food was. He then dropped by our table every five minutes or so demanding feedback - thus preventing us having a normal conversation. This became extremely irritating. Unfortunately, the food didn't help being, at best, mediocre. We shared a starter we hadn't really wanted because it was more or less pushed on us and was supposed to be out of this world. In fact, it was fairly tasteless and lacked seasoning. I had chef's special ox-tail as a main course and back came chef to loom over me and order to me to eat it with my fingers. I said no - he started to argue and I had to just stop eating at all while I waited for him to go away. The evening, which had not been going well, was about to get worse. When my husband went to pay with a debit card, he as informed that the restaurant only accepted cash. There were no signs anywhere to indicate this so my husband - whilst handing over 80 euros cash for a very average meal - suggested that perhaps customers ought to be made aware of this from the outset. At this point mine host completely lost his temper. He tried to stop us leaving and stood on the doorstep towering over us, shouting abuse. He was still shouting when we were half-way down the street. The moral of this tale is - give the Buena Vista a body swerve and spend your money elsewhere.

• Visited November 2012
5 Thank Venetia60

“Amazing food and delicious service, personal attention from owner and cook, great suggestions on food and drink; "warm" atmosphe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

So to further elaborate on the above sentence, the owner explained his food and suggested fabulous eats... But left the decisions up to us... That being said get the oxtail. No questions asked just get it. If you are out for dinner with two get the oxtail with the salmon risotto. We are from Seattle, so fresh salmon away from home is hard competition, la buena vista made sure we were not disappointed. Highly recommend this restaurant... And hey, they are open on Sundays in Bruges!!!

1 Thank Megajax
Newmarket, United Kingdom
“Best food in the area.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

After reading the reviews we decided to try this place out. It exceeded all of our expectations. I highly recommend the Gambas and the Cuban casserole (if available). All of the food was fresh with great Spanish/Latin flavors. We also had a taste of the chefs wonderful shrimp and pumpkin risotto that was on the daily specials menu. That was also to die for. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The chef explained all of the specials when you arrived at your table and went over some of the great menu options. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone tired of the typical tourist food in this area.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Tendafoot79
Sijsele, Belgium
“Just the best restaurant in Bruges”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

The best latin food in Bruges, very good meat from Argentina,Uruguay etc.. Tapeo evenings with friends are AMAZING. The chef is great. If you are in Bruges who ever go for it you will never be desapointed.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank Linda O
Leeds
“Just simply one of the best experiences in Bruges”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2012

Owned by one of the most knowledgable and passionate chef's I've met, the food here is out of this world and about as authentic as I've tasted anywhere. The atmosphere is spot on and it's location in Bruges is nicely just off the beaten track. The specials dishes are beautifully cooked and are always changing. Can't recommend highly enough - 5*

Visited October 2012