“Definitely not low sodium”
Review of Eethuis Aubergine

Eethuis Aubergine
Ranked #628 of 749 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Had dinner here last night with my daughter. We were tired of fancy food and wanted some thing simple. We both had the penne bolangnese (sp) which was intensely salty. The service was disjointed and the penne reheated and tough. I would recommend staying away. Dinner for 2 including a needed bottle of wine was e46

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Nice stop after visiting the town. The sugestions are a good idea.
Had a good pasta curry. Service was quick and friendly.
Loved the atmosphere of the place. I left with a good feeling.
This is what we aspect from a restaurant!!

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Lovely looking restaurant it is warm and cosy with indoor and outdoor seating, but sadly the service was quite slow, the staff seemed a bit grumpy my son and I had the spaghetti bolognas it was ok but not the nicest I ever eaten I found it a little bland. It was reasonably priced but was disappointed they had no garlic bread on the menu, hubby went for a baguette which came with side salad which looked and tasted nice.
Overall ok for a cheap and easy fix to a hungry tummy.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Just wandered in after a tour of the city. We had the two pasta specials of the day and they were absolutely delicious. Loved the "aubergine" colors in the decor ... Loved the food and service.

1  Thank Quuuzer
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My girlfriend and I chose Aubergine at random for a light lunch and were pleased with the overall experience. We both had a pasta dish that we felt were good value for money in the centre of Bruges, and we were also, importantly, impressed by the taste.

The staff seemed to be a family with a young girl and boy helping out with service whilst a lady covered tasks from cooking to handling the money. I have noticed from other reviews that there were problems with a male member of staff. Perhaps he was absent during our visit as we found the atmosphere to be relaxed. The staff were non-intrusive and just went about their business.

Overall we were happy, came to 30 euros including tip for 2 meals and soft drinks and left us full, meaning we saved money on chocolates for the next few hours!

caro f, Owner at Eethuis Aubergine, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

Dear foxfox1717,
we are pleased with your nice review.
It is indeed a fact that we have had a lot of negative reviews, about a male member of the staff..
We are pleased to assure you, and the rest of the customers of our restaurant, that he is no longer working with us. Our sincere apologies for all the people who've had a bad experience in the past due to this person!
We hope to see you soon again, and we hope you've enjoyed our belgian chocolates!
Kind regards,