“A lovely little place”

Ranked #335 of 768 Restaurants in Bruges
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 December 2012

We stopped here more to grab a quick drink and get out of the cold for half an hour or so, one sight of the huge pots of steaming mussels being served and we soon decided to eat here as well. We were not disappointed plump succulent perfectly cooked mussels.
One tip though the portions are quite large, we found one between the two of us ample for a light lunch.

Reviewed 15 October 2012

I visited on 14/10/2012 with a work colleague. The service was very efficient and very friendly. I inquired about the mussels and the waiter told me that at this time of year (Oct-Jan), and this year in particular they are exquisite. So I thought why not and when they came they were indeed probably some of the best mussels I have ever had. The mussel meats were huge and full of flavour, I've never seen them this big anywhere else. The waiter promptly returned any of the mussels that were not open enough to get into easy to the stove to open them up a little more. I got the impression they knew exactly what they were doing and so I asked how they cooked the mussels for my own interest so I can try it at home. They cost 23E and were probably worth it. My colleague ordered a steak that looked nice, around the same price but I thought it was a little small for the price. He commented that it was very nice though. We visited on a Sunday night around 7pm, when we arrived a few people were in the restaurant, when we left there was no one else there. Expect to spend around 30E on a main and a drink. I would recommend.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

Came across this restuarant when wanting a wholesome lunch. All other "trendy" places we're full and we needed to eat somewhere where good food was served quickly. The staff were very friendly and recommended us elements from the menu. Went for the €18 set menu- the Flemish chicken was lovely. Very close to the canal so took our time people watching. Would recommend this brasserie.

Reviewed 21 June 2012

Nice place to eat during a rainy evening, right across from main canal. Outdoor seating available. Beers were good, as were the main dishes (lasagna quite filling). Won't break your wallet, either.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

It was a cold day, and many places were closed at lunchtime. We were able to be seated immdeiately, since there was only one table occupied by a family with small children. When we inquired about mussels, the waiter (? owner) launched into a monlogue about the poor quality of the mussels, and that he, unlike all the other restaurants in town, refused to buy mussels at this time of year. Well, ok, it seemed like a simple enough question. So we settled for a fish "au gratin." For $23 we would have expected more than a little appetizer sized dish with about ten bites of fish and a few mushrooms. In good conscience, we cannot recommend it!