“Cooked to order!”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Cooked to order!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My husband had the Moules et Frites and loved it, but what made it all the more special was my steak. I can't stand pink in my steak and I know that the Belgium's can under-cook their steak as much as the French, but the chef cooked it well done and it was so juice and tender still - absolutely fabulous. When the creme brulee was brought out, it was still flaming, just the way it should be. Never have I enjoyed French style cuisine, and I have traveled to France on 6 different occasions and Belgium on a further three. To top it all off, the service was splendid, make a great meal even better!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Pek1981

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Lovely traditional Flemish Stew”
Reviewed 11 April 2014

My wife had traditional Flemish Stew I had the less traditional Prawn Noodle curry both were excellent!

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank DougBS
London, United Kingdom
“Big Bowl of Mussels”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Have a big bowl of mussels and a glass of red wine for Eur15. I was surprising when the mussels was served.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank wenying
New York City, New York
“Good food, cute restaurant, good service”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

After having a few less than stellar meals in Bruges, my husband and I were happy to come across 't Vagevuur. Located right off of Markt, it's very easy to find. Both the employees were pleasant and attentive. Owe started out with the zucchini soup and garlic bread - the soup was ok, a bit bitter, but not base, and the garlic bread was good. For dinner we had the filet with pepper cream sauce and the Flemish stew. The stew was very good and the steak was good as well. Very reasonably priced, good food and service - what more can you ask for?

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank delphi927
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good food, good service, what more could you ask for?”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband has special dietary requirements, so most of the Bruges Fayre of Mussells and meaty dishes are out. He mainly eats chicken and this was the only place we co,d find that had more than one choice of chicken dish and didn't cost the earth. We were not disappointed, the meals were beautiful, cooked exactly as we asked for, we couldn't fault our meals. Service was fast, and waiter was friendly and helpful. A meal for two with 2 drinks each and half a carafe of house rose came in at just over 50 euros, so by bruges standards, good value too. Would recommend.

• Visited March 2014