“Outstanding!”

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed the service and atmosphere, but the best part was the food as it should be. The escargot were the best I have had. I loved my warm goats cheese salad and my family loved their baby lobsters. Fresh from the tank!

Reviewed 6 June 2018 via mobile

We ate here on a recent family trip to Bruges, Bistro Raymond having been recommended by our B&B.

A party of 6, we each had aperitifs followed by main courses. As they gave us pork terrine and fresh bread on arrival, we didn’t order any starters. The terrine was excellent and could have stood up as a starter in its own right.

The portions were big! Usually this worries me, but the quality was excellent. I ordered a steak tartare and watched it being prepared in front on me. This was no skimpy patty but a full 8oz fillet mignon with all the condiments then added. As with other places in Belgium, the chips were delicious and came with free refills.

My other dining companions had similarly full plates and commented that their food was also excellent. I tried some of my wife’s roast chicken and it was fragrant and tender.

We decided against desert so as to leave room for more beer at another venue and with a bottle of red wine on top of the aperitifs and main courses the total came to €260, including tip. Given the prices in Bruges, this was quite reasonable.

The service was prompt and friendly and the waiters seemed genuinely happy to see us: we did not observe any of the bad behaviour mentioned in other reviews (maybe that waiter finally retired). The decor was straightforward and made for a nice dining environment.

To sum up, it was difficult to choose a different restaurant the next night as I wanted the same meal all over again!

Reviewed 12 May 2018

Our hotel booked us on the last table on a Saturday night at Raymond’s. We had a lovely bottle of white wine and I chose the Fish (Sea Bream or Bass Fillets) which came with Frites and Salad. I shared a Chocolate desert which was superb. Lovely, busy, bright restaurant. Traditional good service and excellent food.

Reviewed 9 May 2018

Excellent meal, well presented, with good prompt, attentive service, but do book if possible. It was a delightful bonus not to be plagued by awful music.

Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

The food was delicious fir me but meat was a little tough for my husband. The service was superb and it’s an easy location.