“Charming Hotel, Perfect Location”

Pand Hotel Small Luxury Hotel
Ranked #10 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Verona, NJ
“Charming Hotel, Perfect Location”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Incredibly charming hotel with caring staff. The Pand is in the perfect location with the prettiest view right at the end of the block. The rooms are small but have all you need and incredible views of the Belfry.

Unfortunately my wife had to be hospitalized during our quick visit and the staff recommended an incredible hospital. The hotel provided me with breakfast pastries with linen napkins and real silverware to bring to the hospital to make her more comfortable.

The lounge and bar area are very charming and we felt like we had the entire hotel to ourselves. We were traveling for our anniversary and had a congratulatory note and champagne provided at their compliments. A nice touch. I imagine the summer feels much different but this was the perfect time to visit a tourist heavy city. I highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for few of Belfry
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank NYrangerVerona_NJ

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
North Canton, Ohio
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have nothing but ravingly great things (not just great things) to say about this hotel. First, the location is very good...a half-block off one of the main streets...wonderfully convenient to shops, restaurants, etc. but without hordes of people passing directly in front of the hotel and without the associated people/road/etc. noise within the hotel itself.

Secondly, my room (which was upgraded to one of the Ralph Lauren suites) was absolutely gorgeous and spacious! And completely comfortable and functional! The bed and bed linens were wonderful...although the pillows could be improved upon...and I slept divinely. The bathroom was wonderful as well...good towels, monstrous bathtub (U.S. hotels could learn a few things from this hotel in that area), indulgent bath potions and lotions, lots of storage space, separate water closet, smallish but good shower. There was not a lot of storage space for clothes, luggage, etc...just one decent-sized closet...but I had no problem storing all of my things (and I had a lot of luggage) in a non-intrusive manner. The lighting was great and I loved being able to open my windows and the door to my balcony to enjoy the fresh air and church bells and view over the rooftops of Bruges. I also enjoyed having a complimentary large bottle of water.

The public areas are beautiful...again, smallish...but so comfortable and welcoming.

Not being a breakfast person, I did not have breakfast at the hotel but requested a coffee delivery to my room each morning. Oh my goodness...what a rare treat! A beautiful tray was immediately brought to my room with not only the requested coffee and creamer in a lovely service...but also small dishes of delicious little cookies and of white-, dark- and milk-chocolate covered raisins, little bites of banana bread/cake and miniature cups of chocolate mousse. I was blown away by such a special treat. (I even took a picture of my breakfast tray and I am not one of those people who usually...actually, ever...photographs her food.) And the charge for this loveliness...only 5 Euro! U.S. hotels could learn a great deal from the Pand about room service.

Every aspect of the service was absolutely exemplary...from directions to restaurant recommendations, from luggage storage to assistance with the train schedules and reservations.

Being a bit of a "hotel collector," I rarely say this but, when I return to Bruges, I would not even consider staying someplace other than Pand Hotel...my experience there was just perfectly exceptional in every way!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank PamelaK O
Winchester
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had been to Bruges before in winter for the Christmas Markets but nothing quite prepared us for the heaving masses of tourists here in May. Our hotel was therefore a sanctuary from the crowds, a place of quietness and good comfort with our every need catered for. We booked a Junior Classic Suite which was just lovely - plenty of space, a good seating area and an excellent bathroom with double sinks. We were at the back of the hotel on the second floor with good views over the rooftops of Bruges and even a small balcony which we would have sat on had it been a little warmer when we stayed - there was a chilly wind blowing in from the coast during our four days here. The only two downsides of our stay was no chest of drawers in our room, only a small wardrobe so storage of clothes was a little limited and breakfast was not included and at 19 Euros each was perhaps a little pricey? But all in all, a very comfortable stay with excellent service at all times.

Room Tip: A Junior Suite is really worth it for a bit more space.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Camberley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great location, fine rooms, attentive and helpful staff, gourmet breakfast. Just perfect. We changed our dates and they were very accommodating. The car park is an experience!!! Brugge is a fine city, overwhelmed by the likes of us - tourists - be prepared!

Room Tip: 402 - small but views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a business trip for 1 night. Great hotel. Cute little rooms, with unique decor.

Staff were very friendly helping us out with directions.

Even though I had to leave early they were flexible for breakfast. If you stay in Bruges I would recommend stopping by here.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I've just returned and have nothing but praise for this hotel and its staff. Unfortunately, during sightseeing in Bruges, my wife tripped and broke her wrist. When we returned to the hotel at midnight, after 6hrs in the local hospital, the staff went out of their way to help us, they reopened the kitchen and made us something hot to eat which we really appreciated. I've been in the travel industry for nearly 40yrs and dealt with many hotels in many countries, the Pand Hotel and it's staff certainly impressed me and I've no hesitation in recommending them.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Wellington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My husband very kindly booked a three day trip to Bruges for my birthday. He booked the Pand Hotel AND upgraded the room to a junior suite. We stayed in Room 109. From the time we arrived to the time we left everything was perfect. Room 109 was a beautiful large room with a four poster bed, separate bathroom, separate w.c. and plenty of storage space. The room was very quiet and nicely dark, perfect for sleeping in. Breakfast is not included but we did breakfast every day in the hotel which consisted of Breads, pastries, cheeses, meats, champagne and a jug of orange juice along with eggs cooked to your choice. The staff were friendly, efficient and helpful. We would very much recommend this hotel. For information. Do not eat in the tourist sections. As a guideline a toasted cheese and ham sandwich ranged from 6 to 16 euros. If you bother to go down the side streets the prices drop drastically but not the quality. We found a small bar which served the sandwich with a large salad for 6 euros and very nice it was too.

Room Tip: As stated, can only recommend Room 109 which was at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple